• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project X - SnoWest's 2012 Project Sled Officially Unofficial Thread -Ride pix UPDATE

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
Nothing gets us more excited for winter than building SnoWest Magazine's newest project sled. And nothing gives us more anxiety than the sled showing up two days before it's scheduled to be worked on at a snowmobile show...

DSC_1618.jpg

But our 2012 Ski-Doo Summit SP E-Tec 800R 154 is here! Thanks to Todd and Jared at Rexburg Motor Sports for taking care of delivery and setup and the rush job.

RMS1a.jpg

So here's the plan. Like the past two years, Project X will be built at the Intermountain Snowmobile Show (Oct 21-22) in Sandy, UT, and the Idaho Snowmobile Show (Nov 18-19) in Boise, ID. Lincoln County Customs' Troy Johnson will be the builder (he'll play the role of Paul Teutle Sr., and I'll be the dumbass kid who thinks he can do everything better).

Here's the tentative schedule of installs that are lined up so far:

Intermountain Snowmobile Show
Friday Afternoon / Evening

* EZ Ryde 153-inch Rear Skid
* EZ Ryde Aluminum Wheel Kit
* Exit X1 Triple Rate center shock
* Exit X1 Remote Reservoir rear shock
* Starting Line Products Angled Footrests
* Arctic FX Mainframe Wrap
* LCC Running Board Inserts

Saturday

* Exit Shocks X0 Piggyback Ski Shocks
* SLP Hot Air Elimination Kit
* SLP Stomp Grip Tunnel Side Traction Pads
* SLP Rev XP Aluminum Spindles
* Starting Line Products SLT skis
* Arctic FX Mainframe Wrap
* SLP Billet Pull Rope Handle

Idaho Snowmobile Show installs

* Boondocker E-Tec 800R Turbo Kit
* Boondocker Control Box
* Boondocker Electronic Boost Controller with TPS Smart
* ARS FX 36-inch A-arm Kit
* RSI Racing Aluminum Handlebars & Grips
* Team Tied Driven Clutch
* Team Conversion Shaft Kit
* SLP Stomp Grip Seat Cover
* JT Sports Rear Bumper
* JT Sports Front Bumper
* Ski-Doo Accessories Yellow Snow Guard

Any input or suggestions on products we should add to this project are welcome!

Come to the shows, stop by and say hi. We'll keep you posted on this thread as the build progresses. We hear you can get some updates on Twitter from @sledmanwillie, too.

Last edited:

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Going to wrap it again this year? sounds like an interesting build! The pro was sick!

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
"(he'll play the role of Paul Teutle Sr., and I'll be the dumbass kid who thinks he can do everything better)."

Thanks for making me spit mountain dew all over my computer screen!!! LOL:face-icon-small-hap

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Ouch Homey, ouch.

You know i am just joking around with you!!! But a 2012 turbo etec with full suspension might have a slight edge on you!!! no pun intended :) I still can't see pictures of your sled? All i get is Red X's on every link you put up.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
You know i am just joking around with you!!! But a 2012 turbo etec with full suspension might have a slight edge on you!!! no pun intended :) I still can't see pictures of your sled? All i get is Red X's on every link you put up.

I know.

No idea on those pics though, the links work for me. Though what is wrong with a Red X?

Premium Features