• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

home made intake

P
Oct 28, 2008
stony plain,alberta
I know someone will be able to find the old thread where someone made his own intake setup out of black pvc pipe. I thought he did a good job and wanted to have a second look at it but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be great thanks

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
That would be Mule..... pretty innovative actually...:beer;

yep, 2-1/4" tubing and a few hose clamps should do the trick.

Jegs sells silicone adapters that should work well, in the process of fabbing up a Mule-brand air intake...

2" ABS, some THF to weld the parts together... penny-tech ftw :)

DSC00580.jpg

V
Jun 23, 2008
Airdrie Alberta Canada
i made one too use the stock intake tube but remove all of the guts aorund it inside there is a long square plastic tube get it outta there and get an outside dryer vent down spout and screw it on and Bam! U GOT COOL HOOD AIR!

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I was thinking of taking some of the tubing that they used for like a cold air intake just didn't know how to connect it to the spot where the factory intake would go into.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
not sure if he has finsihed the intake yet..but just make sure you install your intake sensor :eek:
yeah, still working on it. Think the airflow sensor's going at the union on top, somewhere there's some flat area to run the plastite screws through and not have to fill in a ton of space with silicone.

Premium Features