• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knee/shin guards

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Hey all you huckers our there what would you all recommend for a knew / shin protect to wear underneath my snowpants? I made the mistake before and had a 2'' gash in my knee from crashing off a drop two years ago.. Thanks

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Shin/knee guards

Yes, My brother and I are wondering the same thing for knee&shin guards.

Any ideas on a brand that offers good protection and fits well under your pants/bibs?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
These are the ones I will be riding with this season. Extremely comfortable compared to everything else Ive tried so far. Pretty good protection from the knee right to the top of my boot. Will try to post back after I get a few miles with them and let you know how they are working out.

left.jpg

http://kaliprotectives.com/bike/aazis-plus-soft-knee-shin-guard-130#

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
This is what I run. I am definitely
not a hucker. I just suck at riding and fall off alot. I also have a Blowhole and Airframes on my sled. The vents are painful on the knees If you take a big hit, and I am afraid of raking my shins down the screws on the edge of my boards if I miss when hopping across.

These pads sit nicely on top of my boots and the straps keep them in place quite well. I am on my third season with them and I don't even know they're there until I bash my knees into the console and it doesn't hurt. These cost around $35.00

c6de2423d6a036548ab2be7fe40aee4a.jpg

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Fox Titan. Looks like they are the cheaper smaller version of the Titan Pro with less coverage above the knee.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I have some older EVS, plastic cup with neoprene tops and bottoms, I like them. I used to wear old (OLD) Axo foam/plastic units with elastic bands to hold them on.
The EVS lets me feel the sled, yet still offers protection. Plus I noticed when riding with a guy who had the same Klim pants as me, he said he was cold all day, I was warm, it was because of all the neoprene on my thighs/lower legs.
I bought these ones after riding with a bud who hit a hole, and left holes in his Dragon console. With his thigh bones. He drove his bones through his skin, knee, pants, and plastic console. Freaked me out, I bought better guards, lol.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Bilateral open femur fractures in the backcountry... He was fortunate to be riding with experienced people otherwise survival rate drops very quickly.

I like EVS knee/shin guards. G-form shorts for no bulk hip/thigh protection. Any impact that is truly high energy will result in a devastating injury, but at least our body armor helps to walk away from most other accidents.

Tim

Premium Features