• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02' 800 mc EFI wont turn over 6000 rpm's

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I have a friend that is having a hell of a time figuring out whats wrong, he cant get the sled to turn over 6000 rpm. He has checked clutching of course then went onto the electrical, He replaced:
C.D.I. box
stator
flywheel
wiring harness
power valves
injectors
ECM

if anyone knows has any ideas it would be great, this has been sitting at an arctic cat dealership for 2 months an have no clue what else to do. thanks

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
I hope he's not paying for all those parts!! I think I would manually pull the power valves open and try it. If it revs up then...servo problem. If not, compression test and then back to the clutching. Hope this helps.

It's tough figuring out stuff with the EFI but have you looked at crank being slightly twisted, throttle bodies fully opens, throttle position sensor, compression, intake & exhaust (mice like to build nests), ohmed the sensors..that's all I can think of right now.

Good luck.

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
i told him i thought it could be power valves considering on my viper i had the same problem. He has it at a very reputable dealership and thought they could figure this problem out. We are leaving in a week and dont have much time, i will tell him everything you guys have told me about. thank you very much.

Premium Features