• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Homemade XP VENTS-Save money 4 belts!

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Here's my vent solution. The screen material is from Home Depot. It is used to cover the gutters on your home so debris can't get in and clog them up. A 50' roll was about $3-$4 smackers. Throw in a little automotive GOO, and she's vented. I have yet to get pow in enough to slip the belt. I did 20 donuts in a row in 2' of fluff. No problems. If you haven't vented yours yet, you would be amazed at the amount of heat that flows out of there. Nice hand warmer down the trail, and goggle heater at rest.
DSC01984.jpg

Last edited:

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
Looks good!!!! Oh, as for the vents, they look good too. I was ready to do vents, but my dealer came up with a secret set up that reduced the heat at the clutches. Have you had any air box problems?:D

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
No airbox problems here. I'm gonna add some vents though to the back of the airbox. I put the clutch vents where they need to be;HEAT rises. Put'em up high!

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
PM'd.
The dealer will not tell me the set up and I don't enjoy tearing apart just to see what they did. Wish I could be more help.

captain x

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lewiston, idaho
thnx

thanks for the info and money saving idea......pretty crazy how we spend THOUSANDS on sleds and do not want to spend $100 on a vent kit..:)...i have been looking for some meshing....it would be nice if it came in yellow!!

H

hosman_007

Dec 12, 2007
Fort St. John, BC
I agree...highway robbery.....400 bones for a vent kit......get real!

home depot has some fine mesh screen (way tighter than above screen)i think that is used for either screen doors or pet doors ......saw a vent kit made with this and it looked good.....

What did you use to get such clean looking cut outs on your panels???? Dremel, jig saw?? Good job!!

Last edited:
S
Jan 6, 2002
That venting looks good..may have to try myself!
Looks good!!!! Oh, as for the vents, they look good too. I was ready to do vents, but my dealer came up with a secret set up that reduced the heat at the clutches. Have you had any air box problems?:D

Remember...venting is only part of the solution! the rest could be had in clutching,aligning,..and gearing!

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry. I've been a little busy in Chama;) The inside doesn't look nearly as good as the outside! A little bit of GOO goes a long ways. I used a Dremel with a cut-off wheel for plastic, and cleaned the edges a little more with a file. In the one pic, you can see where the "chuck" portion of the Dremel got into the panel:mad: Oh well.

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
Square corners in a cutout seem to crack more than a rounded corner. Might not look as good though. Just my .02. P.S. Nice Ride!

Premium Features