• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The future for yamaha

dansvan

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2011
Wonder where the patents on a new chassis mentioned earlier fit in.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Would a test mule machine really have "Yamaha" decals plastered all over it? Usually they try to stay under the radar with test machines. If legit...I wonder it's there's anything Yamaha in it...or if it's just an "Yamaha Alpha" Chevy/GMC kinda deal. Pretty meh if the latter.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Hmmm

0842c4de01d84e808cae0a51e3d0ad91.jpeg

Yamaha alpha?

The front bumper tells the whole story........

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
The front bumper tells the whole story........

I was trying to figure out who made that bumper but doesn't look to be skinz or racewerx. But I did notice on the pic of the monorail, it appears to have a Polaris ported snow flap on it. And the shocks look identical to the qs3s so guessing they're also wrapped

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Its just a wrapped Alpha, there is many things that give that away. Yamaha really does need to make a 2 stroke again though if they want to get a grasp on the sled market again.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Speedwerx, Camso among other aftermarket names on the tunnel.......
Yamaha has their own panels, windshield and snowflap.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I am hoping and dreaming this is the 2020 Mountain Max, 880 HPDI. I'll snowcheck my first sled if so..:eyebrows:

What has me thinking this is the real deal is that Mountain Max was trade marked earlier this summer by Yamaha. KYB is a Yamaha owned company and as far as I can tell not readily available for the Pro-Climb/ALPHA.

However, the amount of aftermarket parts does throw me off...maybe it is a dude with a vinyl printing machine at home/work and is totally messing with us! :bowl:

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I am hoping and dreaming this is the 2020 Mountain Max, 880 HPDI. I'll snowcheck my first sled if so..:eyebrows:

What has me thinking this is the real deal is that Mountain Max was trade marked earlier this summer by Yamaha. KYB is a Yamaha owned company and as far as I can tell not readily available for the Pro-Climb/ALPHA.

However, the amount of aftermarket parts does throw me off...maybe it is a dude with a vinyl printing machine at home/work and is totally messing with us! :bowl:

Those shocks are Fox Float QS3’s. Standard on 2018-2019 Arctic Cat mountain sleds. Looks like he just put new decals on them.

Cool sled. But deffinatly a one of custom build

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I was told that is one of racewerx personal sleds. So don't be getting your hopes up, Yamaha has been a great dream crusher the last 10yrs. Frustrating knowing they have the resources and ability to make something great but just don't.

Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Have no idea..buy does yammie currently sell di oil?

Last edited:

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
For me, both the 2S and 4S have a place in the mountains. I've owned both and can speak to the benefits of each.

My Nytro got down to 565lbs ready to ride....barely more than my 2105 Summit and yes....that's full of everything....including fuel.

AC M suspension, 153 x 2.25 Powerclaw track, a hybrid Doo front suspension and enough power mods to get it close to 150HP.....and the sled ripped.

What killed me is that Yamaha couldn't see the potential of the Nytro and spent literally nothing towards improving what could have been and excellent mountian sled at about the same time it was already in bed with Cat.

They could have got the AC suspension and track and they could have dropped 20 pounds off the front by welding the front end differently.

They also have the 2 stroke technology to blow the competition away today, especially with the Cat partnership.

Given their past track record of corporate "stiffness", or at least not innovating like their competition because of such a small market, I don't give them much of a chance at ever being serious in the mountain segment.

Yamaha still need to sell something in the winter to keep their dealers active and maybe generators and snow blowers is enough....but boy is it boring.

OTM

Premium Features