• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 Summit XP Clutch Upgrade

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Detroit Lakes, MN, Island Park, ID
2008 Summit owners,

We have developed a kit for you guys that will drop your belt temperature 30 degrees and allow you to shim the driven clutch for spot-on aligment. It is very tunable using TEAM components. Included in this kit are the following items:

Kit Part number 520158:
1 jackshaft with bearing
1 TEAM TSS-04 clutch
1 TEAM TSS-04 helix with reverse
1 TEAM secondary spring
1 TEAM primary spring
1 TEAM set of billet ramps
1 TEAM adjustable pin kit
1 TEAM top sprocket
1 TEAM 13 wide silent chain

This kit will be $675 and available January 7.

Email me if you are interested.

TEAM Industries

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
2008 Summit owners,

We have developed a kit for you guys that will drop your belt temperature 30 degrees and allow you to shim the driven clutch for spot-on aligment. It is very tunable using TEAM components. Included in this kit are the following items:

Kit Part number 520158:
1 jackshaft with bearing
1 TEAM TSS-04 clutch
1 TEAM TSS-04 helix with reverse
1 TEAM secondary spring
1 TEAM primary spring
1 TEAM set of billet ramps
1 TEAM adjustable pin kit
1 TEAM top sprocket
1 TEAM 13 wide silent chain

This kit will be $675 and available January 7.

Email me for more details.

TEAM Industries

um will you take a trade in on my 08 stock clutch? that should drop the price to about $670...

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
jackshaft ~350 {goodwin}
primary spring ~20-35$ {goodwin}
primary ramps ~100 (for 3--NOT billet) {goodwin}
adj pin kit ~30-35 {goodwin}
gear ~25$ {goodwin}
chain ~50-60 {goodwin}
2ndary ~385-400 (with helix/spring)
------
$1005 (using the higher end of the range)

SOOO, looks like a pretty damn good deal to me!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
From what I understand Team was the "new" company doo had machine thier clutch parts last year that and everyone knows how well that worked.

Dec 8, 2007
Team Jackshaft

Well I hope your jackshaft does not require any machining as I've seen previously with other jackshafts. Greater than .060:beer; Free advirtisment Don't worry Ill send the bill-:beer;

DSC01138.JPG

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Isn't Team the company Doo uses for their clutching ? If that is true, you have got to be fuggin kidding !

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
I guess a little clarification is in order, here.

TEAM Industries does manufacture the TRA drive clutches for BRP. The only driven clutches we have made for Ski Doo are the TEAM Rapid Reaction secondary on the race sleds.

The current jackshaft-driven clutch design on the XP's is a BRP design.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I dont think I would have admitted to that!
I would like to submit a belt warranty claim for all of my 2007 customers.
$25,000 should do.
PM for mailing address ;)

Is the problem with the TRA-manufacturing or design? I'm betting if it was a manufacturing issue that BRP would have some leverage to get it fixed pronto and/or would have changed manufacturers. This is the second year with the same problem.
Guess who makes the Polaris clutches??? Yes it's Team.
If the Qpeckers weren't so stubborn they would have Team design their clutch. JMO!

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
Is a team secondary going to make up for a poorly designed TRA primary?

These clutch problems are really getting annoying!

I know team makes a great product but why should I have to spend $700 w/tax to check and see if my clutches are not to hot to touch any more? BRP should just take care of it under warranty.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
HP for HP i'd like to see the QRS against your so called fix. My $10 bucks is on the QRS !!!!!!! Laidies and Gents get your DYNO ready !!!!!

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
your secondary clutch is the best out there. but your primary (tra) needs to be looked at.as on the 07. the arms stick and require removal and cleaning of the pins and bushings,set screws in roller pins comming out on some,and out of the 9 clutches i,v looked at found at least 1to3 bolts holding arm pins in hand tight.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The TRA is not Team clutch folks, it's BRP's baby. Team Ind. has been making OEM parts....primary's, secondaries, I think some chaincases and other misc.. parts for a loooong time. Yes, they machine the TRA but to BRP specs I'm sure. They also make the P-85 if I'm not mistakin'.

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Team

Winter Brew, you hit it on the head.

TEAM does $240 million in sales with several companies (John Deere, Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, BRP, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and others.)

We build the TRA Drive to BRP specs and have an excellent quality record with them. The TEAM secondary is our design and is used on all North American manufacturer's race sleds.

Mark Schiffner
TEAM Aftermarket Division

Last edited:
Premium Features