• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK Axys

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Anyone get a kit from them? I like a lot of things they're doing with theirs...

https://www.mtntkperformance.com/turbocharger-kits/2016-polaris-axys-turbocharger

12122450_544191252405998_5639394257369694006_n_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Looks good, I like a lot of the ideas too... Looks like the price went up though, not sure it would be 2 grand better then the Side Kick or Silber

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
TTT

Really looking at this kit seriously for next year but would like to hear some reviews from people who have been running it this year.

Price is down to $4000 FYI

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
He told me there was only about 10 axys kits on snow but phone was ringing off the wall since he dropped it to 4000. Quiet is the appealing part. Silber are really loud.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Isn't it funny that a manufacturer can drop the price of their kit "just like that" when they realize they are being out sold? Makes you wonder how much profit they were making at the old price.

I see the price of turbo kits dropping in the next 2-3 years. I mean, I'm not discounting what people have done because these new pump gas kits are pretty amazing. But as more people own them, the more the price will drop. You are looking at a $1500 turbo, probably $500 in fabbed parts, and what does a tuning box cost? another $500? I'm looking for the price of these to drop to the 2500-3000 range as they become more common.

Wishful thinking? Maybe :)

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Isn't it funny that a manufacturer can drop the price of their kit "just like that" when they realize they are being out sold? Makes you wonder how much profit they were making at the old price.

I see the price of turbo kits dropping in the next 2-3 years. I mean, I'm not discounting what people have done because these new pump gas kits are pretty amazing. But as more people own them, the more the price will drop. You are looking at a $1500 turbo, probably $500 in fabbed parts, and what does a tuning box cost? another $500? I'm looking for the price of these to drop to the 2500-3000 range as they become more common.

Wishful thinking? Maybe :)

Lol, I can sell you a standard Pro RMK kit now for 3K. We set the bar and you can thank us for forcing all the other manufacturers back down to planet earth.

B
Feb 23, 2008
Driggs Idehoe
Mtntk Axys

I have been running Their kit since January on my new axys. It performs flawless. They build them with high quality parts. Very easy to ride. I ride varied terrain with skilled riders and have been very impressed. I even let my 13 year old daughter and her friends ride it on the trails.
For the new price point you are getting a bargain. My riding buddies with the other turbo kits run good, but they ended up at Mtntk to put there finishing touches on their kits to make them more reliable and consistent.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
umm come on tell us what tweaks did they need to run right ?
thanks

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Lol, I can sell you a standard Pro RMK kit now for 3K. We set the bar and you can thank us for forcing all the other manufacturers back down to planet earth.
Figure out a quieter muffler for that 3k kit and you have me sold.

Thank you for forcing the pricing down as well.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Silber kits have obnoxiously high soundlvl :( Even their "quiet" version they are selling is way to loud.

Mtntk's kit looks really promising. Have heard they worked really good on the pro so i think its the same on a axys kit!
Alot of good components combined with smart solutions. And a added benefit of almost stock soundlvl!

Water to air IC as std + added cooler core, Borg Warner EFR turbo = Expensive, Fuel injection at the throttle bodies so crankcase gets more cooling & lubrication.

Maybe a mtntk kit for next season... ;)

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
http://youtu.be/HmEsYS_DsAY

<iframe width="900" height="675" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HmEsYS_DsAY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a little video from this weekend of a MTNTK axys. Taken with my phone. Better footage coming in a bit. Runs flawlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
thanks for the vids i'd like to see a tree on and off style video too if ya gots

also with all this talk of noise levels why don't we get some
kit db level readouts ?
sounds quieter than my silber but it ain't stock quiet
(wich i didn't expect)

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Does the intercooler gum up at all with the oil being misted in to the intake stream?
Are bigger injectors included in there kit?

Premium Features