• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track vibration?????

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I have a 2012 1100t. Over the summer I dropped the skid to the 2013 position, installed an anti-stab and had the updates done. At high speeds the vibration from the track is so bad it feels like the sled is going to shake apart. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on what it might be?
Thanks for your help.

Edit: I found out why it was shaking so bad. See below

Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I have a 2012 1100t. Over the summer I dropped the skid to the 2013 position, installed an anti-stab and had the updates done. At high speeds the vibration from the track is so bad it feels like the sled is going to shake apart. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on what it might be?
Thanks for your help.

Check your rail tips, if they look good then look at tightness and alignment.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Also is your anti stab kit 4 wheels or two, think the proclimb can only run the two inners.

Its a two wheel kit.
How do you guys get the tension right I have heard several methods like 2 inch sag with a 10 pound weight. Is that right?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
It is bad in the powder and REAL bad on the hard packed trail.

How did you do your alignment?
I did mine quickly by using the hifax and track lugs, but when I looked at the inner rear wheels it was seriously off. When I aligned by them it creeped a lot easier.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I did mine quickly by using the hifax and track lugs, but when I looked at the inner rear wheels it was seriously off. When I aligned by them it creeped a lot easier.

I made sure that the gap between the hifax and the lug was the same on both sides. What do you line the inner wheels with?

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Make sure they are centered in there running lugs not rubbing one side.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I went out and checked the inner wheels, they werent rubbing and the alignment looked good but I found this. Would the track being to tight cause this.
photobucket-30937-1356388536202.jpg

photobucket-23253-1356388534680.jpg

photobucket-29021-1356388535199.jpg

Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
HOLY CRAP!!!! I went out and checked the inner wheels, they werent rubbing and the alignment looked good but I found this. Would the track being to tight cause this.

To tight and out of alignment may of caused it.
I believe some of the 800s had a problem like that.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I did mine quickly by using the hifax and track lugs, but when I looked at the inner rear wheels it waos seriously off. When I aligned by them it creeped a lot easier.

Use a tape measure and make sure each side track tension bolt is exactly the same length. As long as the gap between the guides and hyfax is the same at front and rear leave it alone. So you may have a 1/4 inch gap on one side and 5/8 inch on the other. As long as its the same front to back that is ok. I have also measured from tunnel to center of driver then do the same with rear inner wheel. You probably have to use a laser to get accurate measurement from rear of tunnel. You can shim the rear wheels with washers to get them in line with the drivers. hope this helps

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks for your help.

Edit: I found out why it was shaking so bad. See below

I had it happen when I lost some clips

G

Get.Slicked

Aug 7, 2009
Bogey wheels and idlers fail. It's just part of the game.
Take your track, loosen the axle bolts, take-up the slack between the hyfax and track; 2" free hanging is spec, I like to run the turbos tighter, though. After a track has had time to stretch, run it at almost 2 fingers width between the hyfax/track, run the sled on a trackstand, let the track come to a gradual stop. Stick your index finger between the side of the hyfax and the drive lugs. You are feeling for close to the same gap on both sides. If the left side is closer than the right, the left adjuster is tighter to the track causing the track to derail to the right. The idea is to find the sweet spot so the track runs centered. Tighten the hell out of the axle pinch bolts when you're finished.

Premium Features