• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Control arm length

A
May 5, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I have an 03 800X model and just bought some control arms from a member but they are shorter than the ones on my sled. I would like to see if someone could go out and measure thiers for me so I can find out if they are the right length or if the dude I bought my sled from had put a widening kit in this one. Just a measure from center to center or total length end to end will be fine for both upper and lower. Thanx in advance guys.

A
May 5, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I was just looking through a parts site and found out that they changed the control arms from the 01 to 02and 03's. The ones I bought are from an 01 so if anyone needs some control arms for an 01 summit let me know as I have all 4 of them.

S
i just went through a front suspension problem with my '03... one of my shocks froze and collapsed so i bought a new pair ...found out that the past owner had swapped the shocks off a '00 when i went to do the repairs- the springs on "my" shocks were too short:tsk:somewhere in those years doo went to longer shocks and changed the radius rod lengths to keep the machines @ the same ski stance(@ 39").if ya can"t get the proper lengths you might want to try getting the shocks from the dude too...:face-icon-small-fro or at least verify that the rest of your suspension is what it is supposed to be before buying more parts:rant:

A
May 5, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I found some off of an 02 and had the fella measure them for me before I sent the money and they were the same length as the ones on my sled so I bought those. Word to the wise control arms from the 01's will not replace the stockers off of and 02-03 unless you buy the radius rods for the steering controls as well.

Premium Features