• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex Battery Relocation-How??

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
I have heard and read about relocating the battery in the Apex to somewhere under the seat. I have a used 2006 Apex with a Boss seat and stock exhaust. How and where does one relocate the battery cables and where does the battery go? I am in the process of replacing the a-frame bushings and being the battery is out of there, for now, it would be a good time to consider the relocation project. Any insight and pictures would be appreciated.

M
May 5, 2008
Edson alberta
i put mine in the storage section in the back of the boss seat.i filled it up with monofoam and cut it out so my battery sits in snug,ran some new cable..pretty cold outside,when it warms up i will snap some pics in my shop.03 rx1 and 08 ape both with batts in boss seats,different style seats,same results
D

A

absoluteapex

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie,ab.
battery relocation

I built an aluminum box,mounted it at the front of my sled,used the rubber strap to hold it in,and have 1/4 inch belted rubber on the bottom and all 4 sides,re-ran the same factory cables,bolted the module to the side of box to keep it cool.I have not had any problems with the battery freezing up,plus maintenance is easy,a lot of room around it in case a tree steps out in front of me also.

Battery Box-1.JPG

absoluteapex,

That looks great. But I don't have a turbo (yet) and I'd like to get some more weight off the nose of my sled. I can understand having a turbo, you want as much weight on the nose to keep it down. But I cut a bunch of weight off the back end of my sled and now I'd like to redistribute some of the bulk off the nose. Anyone else with underseat battery mounting pics?

Max:D

A

absoluteapex

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie,ab.
absoluteapex,

That looks great. But I don't have a turbo (yet) and I'd like to get some more weight off the nose of my sled. I can understand having a turbo, you want as much weight on the nose to keep it down. But I cut a bunch of weight off the back end of my sled and now I'd like to redistribute some of the bulk off the nose. Anyone else with underseat battery mounting pics?

Max:D
i run a Alpine Boss seat also,i'll take a look at my apex tomorrow and see what would work good if you want the weight off the front,i'll send you a pm,what rear skid do you run,what front shocks and is it a factory battery?

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
battery relocated

I have mine relocated to a MNT MOD seat. I have an under tunnel dumped exhaust and mounted the battery in the rear pouch which is huge on a MNT Mod seat. This is the seat for a front mount turbo, flat top tunnel. I mounted it with the factory cage just cut off everything but the middle basket and then riveted the basket to the top of the tunnel and mounted the seat over top of the battery. I still have plenty room for tools etc. in the rear pouch also. I run a L9BS which is around 7 lbs. I rant 8 guage wire to the rear and can hook up a charger through the seat pouch or to the front leads either way. This isn't rocket science it's just a matter of getting the battery out and figuring the best way to mount it in your particular situation. I like the way the other guy said he filled the seat pouch with foam to make a perfect incapsulating holder for the battery. That sounds like the best way to do it unless you change the exhaust and the seat style etc.

Premium Features