• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sledding on city streets

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
here its legal until the road is plowed. Also, you can legally take the most direct route out of town. besides, what cop car can go through 3' of powder? ;)

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
I take the nieghbour hood kids for ride in the mews all the time.......one little girls DAD is a city Cop:D:D

I have rode lots of times in the city. If you dont go up and down the street at 100 m/hour and keep going up and down the same steet pissing people off then you should be fine.( what do i know im not a cop ) I have been stoped twice and had no tickets given to me. Just the ,you shouldnt be doing this line LOL. But i usally just take a direct route out of the city since i live on the edge of it. ( make sure you have insurance and a valid plate,they asked for it) I have gone twice this year from the city

Good luck :beer;

Its legal in my little town. We heard rumor that we could so we looked up the city laws. Sure enough, we can ride anywhere in town with a few exceptions. We can't go down the highway, but can cross it. And we can ride on main street, except between first and 3rd (main down town). You have to obey all traffic laws, and must have an orange flag. Other then that your legal.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
rode last two nights.. golf course is really fun... only illegal if you get caught!!:D

I've learned my lesson on that one. Make sure you have a trailer waiting, else they will follow your tracks back to your house. Kinda hard to dispute it when your sled is sitting right there.

K
Dec 11, 2007
i went out last saturday night,went rippin down to my buddys hosue in about 13'' of fresh,doing dounuts all over and drifting corrners,then i drifted around one corrner right in front of his house turned around....went to pinn it to do a dounut,did bout half one hooked up on gravle from a sand truck and went up the snow bank and smoked a telephone pole!!!!!LOL

G
Nov 30, 2007
couldnt agree more!!

I've learned my lesson on that one. Make sure you have a trailer waiting, else they will follow your tracks back to your house. Kinda hard to dispute it when your sled is sitting right there.

there was 3 of us out last night.. got the town pretty worked over... the rev is far from quiet.. hehe kinda hard to follow tracks that go everywhere..

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
i went out last saturday night,went rippin down to my buddys hosue in about 13'' of fresh,doing dounuts all over and drifting corrners,then i drifted around one corrner right in front of his house turned around....went to pinn it to do a dounut,did bout half one hooked up on gravle from a sand truck and went up the snow bank and smoked a telephone pole!!!!!LOL

That'll teach ya for horse'n around. LOL:eek::D

D
Nov 26, 2007
Wow... I wish I could like years ago.

Now its a $500 fine to be on any of our towns roads on an offroad vehicle. Stupidly, I dont understand why that is, when a farmer can drive his tractor or loader across town with no lights, blinkers... heck or even brakes.

-DallanC

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
minn

my buddys all had to call me from back home mn with the blizzard report, bunch of a.. h.... ! the town was shut down totally and he was ready for it. i guess he could get bout a hudred in that strech of town. there was no way any body else could be out to worry about hitting in the middle of a bliz.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
there was 3 of us out last night.. got the town pretty worked over... the rev is far from quiet.. hehe kinda hard to follow tracks that go everywhere..

Sure there is! Just claim some one must have went out a joy ridded your sled and for some reason they returned it. Works every time! :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features