• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI drive...worth it?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Just looking for some real world opinions on people who have them. I like th e weight savings but more significant is the 3# rotating mass saving that I believe helps tremendously. (throtte response)

Any problems?
The G4 throttle response is the best I've ever ridden, can it actually get any better?

Thanks for the input.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
1200 miles on mine no problems yet.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I really like mine. But I have not measured if there is a performance benefit but for me the ease of changing gears is totally worth it. If you cut a little bit of the running board by the chain case then you will be able to change a belt out in the field just to let you know

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
The real question is do you think there are any performance gains? Thanks

I’d say yes there is a performance gain. Not as much as a pipe and some clutching. I would start with that first.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I couldn't keep a belt on my turbo for more than 5 miles but I have one on my Stocker. I think it's noticeable but I also have so much done to my Stocker it's hard to just compare it straight up to a stock sled. I wouldn't make it a priority though. If you are on a budget that would probably be 5th or 6th on the list.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
I installed one last summer, at the end of the day you're about 2.25 lbs lighter and 2.3 lbs less rotating mass. Does the sled have better throttle response? Maybe. however it does have a better RPM stability. My biggest reason for going to the belt drive was the damn chain, kept having to re-adjust every trip....I just didn't trust the chain and gears. TKI have great people to deal with.

Premium Features