• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB or HPS for summit 850?

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Unless I'm mistaken, didn't HPS lose power on the dynotech reports? I thought I heard that rumor....

I started poking around because I hadn't heard this before and didn't find anything after a quick search. However, I did find an old SnoWest post talking about HPS and folks adjusted clickers after install. Any of you HPS owners adjust clickers?

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
HPS is great but can drone a bit around 6k. If you're deep enough that the exhaust port is covered you wont hear a thing. I only notice if I'm shooting up the road to Elk Lake Lodge for lunch. Trying to find a vid I have of my HPS in a turn pointing right at the camera.

EDIT: Short Clip of HPS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHPyREXWcmU

Myself and a buddy ran the HPS last year and both ended up selling it because of the midrange drone anytime your not in deep powder. He made it two rides and I made it most of the season before taking them off. Get's worse as the miles pile up. If you don't mind the sound of fingernails being dragged across a chalk board, it won't bother you. Definitely does not make more power than the stock can, if anything loses a little when your working it hard IMO.

GGB Exhaust

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2015
Check out our new Quiet Can. Will weigh 8.5 - 10 lbs.

The GGB Quiet can is designed for riders wanting to enhance the stock sound and save weight at the same time. At idle the Quiet Can delivers a deeper slightly louder exhaust note, transitioning to close to stock sound levels through the mid range and top end to keep the peace. Dyno tested to provide as good as or better than stock performance.

GGB Advantage

Dyno Tested
2000° Ceramic Paint
Performance Guarantee
Over 300 5 Star Customer Reviews
Industry Leading Customer Service
Huge Weight Savings
Direct Fit No Modifications
No Fuel Or Clutch Mods Required
Best in Class Two Year Warranty

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Have an SSI on my 2019

Sounds like a chevette running on two cylinders when you start it. Loud as frack when you’re on it. Seems to pull ok tho. But I’m still shopping. I might be interested in that new GGB, as long as I can mount a cooker on it.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Went with the HPS can and I love it. NIce sound, really not that loud, I like the weight savings, and I haven't noticed any mid range drone that some speak of. Thanks for the input.

Premium Features