• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Controls/Handlebar Swap - 2003 onto 2002

A
Dec 16, 2013
I am curious if anybody has swapped the controls over from an 03 to an 02?

I am wondering if the wiring is a pretty simple swap or if it involves repinning connectors and the like? It appears they take the same pin count connector but one takes an extra connector than the other and the 02 has hand warmer switches on the console while 03 is on the bar.

All the switches are different providing for different ergonomics and ease of use. I am used to my 03 controls and prefer them over an 02 but am picking up an 02 Summit soon and was considering swapping an 03 setup onto it if I can find one. I also much prefer the bar on my 03 Renegade over the 02 Summit, both are factory, but my 'gade bar is way more comfortable and has hooks while the summit doesnt. The 'gade bars dont seem to curve back as much either which is easier on my wrists.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
I'm going to do the swap this weekend or next week. Will let you know. The onlything I can see is the voltage reg is smaller on the 02 . Will see how it goes. I'm sure there will be some wire swapping .

Premium Features