• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What rails to make my ZX a 162

N
Jan 5, 2013
Revelstoke,BC
What length of rails do I need to make my 2002 ZX-x 151 to a 162. I have a 162 track and tried 06 rev 162 rails the were to long. I know have a set 06 rev 159 rails and it seems to tight. The 162 rails were 64" long. The 159 rails are 62.5" long. Can anybody shed some light on this for me.

Thanks

M
Oct 25, 2012
Livingston, Mt
I don't know if this will help much but I used a 162 skid off a 08. I measured the 08 mounting points from the jack shaft to the first Mountain Pointe then from the ground up inside the tunnel. since I was putting a 166 track on a 162 skid I had to do a little different geometry work and move my mountain points back roughly 3 inches and then let the track tensioner do the rest.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
In case you are still looking:

AFAIK I have the first set of Zxx/162 Ice Age rails ever made on my 02 Zxx.
It took him a couple tries to get it right as there was confusion of the mounting position of the Zxx. I didn't realize that the Rev moved the skid mounts back up like before, and he didn't realize that the Zxx had them moved back. :face-icon-small-con

The best way to define the length IMO is to say that from the center of the front arm mount on the top of the rail to the center of the rear axle on mine is 43".

Then from the same front mount to the center of the front tip cross member bolt is 16.5". This length could be a cpl inches longer. As it sits - on the deck - I have 4.5" clearance from the p[lastic rail tip to the tip of the extrovert drive. I have 7 tooth 3" pitch Wahl Bros drives.

I have never stabbed the track, but I have a roller/wheeled "tip" crossmember that I think I may modify to slide in there just fer grins.

I had a local fab shop bend me up a new tunnel with less taper to finish at the tip with the same 3" depth as the OEM would have had. Sure beats tunnel extensions!

Last edited:
E

extremeattack

Nov 26, 2007
Gillette, Wy
The 151 and 159 use the same skid the 159 was bolted up farther back. I put a 162 attack 20 on my ZX 7 tooth avid drivers and offset axle with 8" big wheels.

Premium Features