• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ATV sub forum ?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
G
Aug 28, 2009
Bismarck ND
Since everything in Fouled plug is deemed worthless postings, could there be an ATV sub forum posted someplace other than there ?
Normally ATV topics started in fouled plug (where they are grouped to be posted) are informative or techno. Trying to keep up with a topic in there does include waiding through all the 'deemed worthless' postings.
Most of us sledders own ATVs also

Just a thought

----- Gimpster -----

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
there would have to be some real strange circumstances for there to be an ATV owned by me in my garage.

Two wheels > four.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We have Quads, Motorcycles, RZRs, ect.
Why not.

Toys are Toys.
And sleds have very limited use in the middle of the summer at the sand dunes!:D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
We have Quads, Motorcycles, RZRs, ect.
Why not.

Toys are Toys.
And sleds have very limited use in the middle of the summer at the sand dunes!:D

:eek::eek::eek: I'm not gonna run my sleds in the sand:eek::eek:

It would be nice to have an ATV section tho... I'm taking mine up to the lake bed to do some mudding saturday:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Haven't you seen the new Swiss Ski-Doo sleds the Saudis are running in the dunes?

http://www.sand-x.com/index.php?page=734http://desertsleds.com/

<DIV class=post-content>
sand-x_bike_01_z1X19_17621.jpg

A joint venture of Platune, an American company, and Sand-X, a Swiss company specializing in off-road vehicles, the Platune Sand-X Bike is a modified version of a snowmobile to be used in a desert or sandy terrain. Replacing the skis of a snowmobile with a set of wheels up front, the sand bike locates the radiator, protected by a custom designed set of bull bars, in front of the vehicle. Generating power from a Rotax 800 cc, 2-cylinder, 2-stroke engine, capable of producing 160 horsepower, the Platune Sand-X can reach 60 mph in just 2.8 seconds with top speed of 115 mph. Ideal for Gulf or Sahara regions, the Platune Sand-X Bike will be handy for adventure sports as well as law enforcement agencies to guard borders in the desert.

sand-x_bike_02_W3AZi_17621.jpg

sand-x_bike_03_7RIQ4_17621.jpg

sand-x_bike_04_ysDTF_17621.jpg

==============

Sand-X | THE ULTIMATE RACING MACHINE

<DIV id=container><DIV id=site>
pixel.gif

<DIV id=frame>

<DIV id=content>

<DIV id=content_text>THE ULTIMATE RACING MACHINE

<DIV id=fe_PreviewContent>
<SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN">A Tracked-all-terrain vehicle (T-ATV) is defined as a vehicle that travels on low pressure tires supported by a continous track in the back which is responsible for the unbeatable traction, with a confortable seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. As the name implies, it is designed to handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles.The rider sits on and operates these vehicles like a motorcycle, but the extra track gives more traction, stability and safety at every speeds and highly increases the offroad capabilities.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
eh; snowest is a snowmobiling forum. Let's keep it that way.
For dirt, there's thumpertalk/advrider; two great dirtmobiling forums. I'm sure there's similar ones for the four-wheelers.

When one forum tries to encompass everything, it becomes so huge that the primary purpose of the site starts to suck.

Look at modern cellphones as an example of this. In the late 90s there were cellphones. They were durable, built to last, reliable, and generally worked well wherever there was service.

Now they throw in email, web, camera/video, games.... Great, now I have a device that can make phone calls, browse the web, take pictures.... but the pictures are awful, the web sucks on a 2" screen, and every other phone call I make gets dropped.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Consiering that I live only minutes away from the St. Anthony dunes, and spent a lot of my free time riding our RZRs there, I would be VERY interested in a Dune-Sled like those.

I think that would a total kick in the pants!

G
Aug 28, 2009
Bismarck ND
Thanks again for the link Christopher

Back on topic, seriously would like to see an ATV section. Since fouled plug is is where ATV topics is to be posted, I gain no site points for helping another user with good techno info. Fouled Plug, Warming Hut, Trash Bin = no user points gain

~ Gimpster ~

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO

Back on topic, seriously would like to see an ATV section. Since fouled plug is is where ATV topics is to be posted, I gain no site points for helping another user with good techno info. Fouled Plug, Warming Hut, Trash Bin = no user points gain

~ Gimpster ~

so this is about rep...who woulda thunk? :(

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

~ Gimpster ~

The whole purpose of the WARMING HUT was to create a entire section of NON-SNOWMOBILE topics.

I still plan on following through with that, just up to my armpits in alligators this last week.

Premium Features