• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track/Tunnel clearance help

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
I noticed today that my 156"/16"/2.5"/3.0 pitch camo extreme lugs are very close to front of tunnel/bulkhead almost touching the front cooler in the front of the tunnel on my 02 edge, just wondering what you guys are doing to expand this gap or is this all the room i get to work with, worried about paddles touching causing track rub losing track speed, seems to turn track fine but then seems if snows deep it builds up and pulls motor down, hard for track to turn until what i think is it clearing it self out, on hardpack no problems ANY IDEAS?

Last edited:
H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
camo extreme track

tracksusa and look in track forum, im sure theres one floatin around for a decent buy hope your putting under rev, 16 wide and 2.5 lugs are pushing it on my edge just my experiences not sure if i like it being so tight in tunnel and boy do they seem to just kill track speed but they bite excellent just watch lug clearance not sure how much room left in rev tunnel with 2.5 lugs not much of any on my edge

R
Jun 13, 2005
Ironwood,MI
Did you just throw the 2.5 track in without making any modifications? MY stock 2 inch track would rumb on the top of the tunnel! Mine is a 04 RMK with a 162 mav track 2 1/4
I find it hard to belive you can get a 2.5 to fit without changing anything.

I moved my suspention down and back 3/4 of a inch, 7 tooth extros,rail tip modification.

I think I would have plenty of clearance for a 2.5 now, but I was never a big fan of going 16 wide, just seems like 2 much can go wrong.

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
RE

I do have 8 tooth extro, if i dropped to 7 would it give me enough room, ive heard heard about moving the suspension back but unsure how to exactly do this any advice would help

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Moving the susp. back will do nothing for giving you more cooler/bulkhead clearance. Drop n roll the chaincase is what is needed. As already stated, the stock 2" will rub on the top of the tunnel, so DnR would help. After getting my raw chassis, I'd have a hard time putting any work or money in an edge, just my opinion.

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
RE

i dont have any problems with it rubbing on top of the tunnel it seems to clear fine, just were the extros are in the front where theres that little cooler i guess that coolers gonna be history

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I do have 8 tooth extro, if i dropped to 7 would it give me enough room, ive heard heard about moving the suspension back but unsure how to exactly do this any advice would help

Are you sure you don't have 7t drivers already?? The 8T 3" pitch are bigger than the stock 9t. ????
You can ditch the front cooler and run a rear u-cooler, that is the easiest way to gain clearance.

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
RE

yeah im sure there 8 tooth drivers i guess ill rid the front cooler and go with a rear u cooler thanks for the info guys

Premium Features