• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
Y
Oct 3, 2016
Setting up my 2015 WR450 with a 17 Le120 Timbersled, Currently I am looking at fuel Controllers vs the GTYR Tuner. I already have the tuner so I am wondering if anyone has a recommended map to run in the snow, and if so is a fuel controller really necessary. Also looking for thoughts on adding a thermostat? And will a lithium ion battery help with cold starting or should I look into changing CO settings. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
Same bike I have with a 17 ST on order. I am adding s thermostat for sure and will do an engine cover depending on temps. I too have the gytr tuner because the map is too lean with the fmf pipe. I am going to put in a richer map and see how it goes before I change the co since it's another tool purchase

Nov 13, 2008
Thermostat and engine covers for sure. They are a must. I ran without covers on my 13 wr one day last season and had fuel dilution in the oil badly. This is with the gytr tuner, but I don't think it would have helped to have had an aftermarket tuner as the powder was very deep and my engine temp hovered at the 100 degree mark most of the day. I haven't done anything with the co setting on mine and it starts like crap cold, but just this summer I discovered it has a cold start knob to pull out. I'd give that a try first and if that don't work then take it in for a co adjustment.

Y
Oct 3, 2016
Same bike I have with a 17 ST on order. I am adding s thermostat for sure and will do an engine cover depending on temps. I too have the gytr tuner because the map is too lean with the fmf pipe. I am going to put in a richer map and see how it goes before I change the co since it's another tool purchase

Nice, yeah I am going to play around with a couple different maps this winter, will post results on how they feel, keep an update on what you find!

Y
Oct 3, 2016
Thermostat and engine covers for sure. They are a must. I ran without covers on my 13 wr one day last season and had fuel dilution in the oil badly. This is with the gytr tuner, but I don't think it would have helped to have had an aftermarket tuner as the powder was very deep and my engine temp hovered at the 100 degree mark most of the day. I haven't done anything with the co setting on mine and it starts like crap cold, but just this summer I discovered it has a cold start knob to pull out. I'd give that a try first and if that don't work then take it in for a co adjustment.

What engine covers did you find to fit the wr?

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
A WR with the stock ECM will throw a code light if the speedo is unplugged. If you purchase the GYTR ECM it does not look for the spedo, and you can use the GYTR programer to adjust the fuel curves and timing. I would recommend it.

You do need to run the Thermobob. It is necessary. We do sell them here at RMS. Give us a call, for it and all of your snow MX needs. Engine shrouds are great to have also.

You will also have to have custom fork springs. The stockers are to light!!!!!!

If you hold the throttle open just enough to take the slack out of the cables. The casting line of the grip and the casting line on the rubber boot of the throttle cable protector condom.
It will start most of the time on the first hit. If it does not start on the first hit. Stop, and try it again. They never start by excessive cranking.

We sell EarthX Lithium Ion battery's for your application. The added power helps spin the WR spin fast enough to help it start, on the button.

Big improvement come with the addition of a FMF pipe and Bazzaz Fuel controller.

K
Jan 26, 2020
Ive got a 2014 WR450. Ive also got the GYTR tuner. Running new 2021 aro 3 velocity kit. Ive got a thermo bob, c3 heated bars, c3 pod intake snd prefilter, rekluse radius cx, pst engine jacket, and a Lexx slip on exhaust. Now just need to get it tuned right. Bike feels and smells like its running a little lean after the mods. And will be dedicating this bike to the snow so want it to be dialed for Washington mountains

Premium Features