• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mesh cover ideas for air intake on 2016 Yamaha WR450F?

J
Feb 27, 2014
Denver
I was told to get some mesh and cover the air intakes on the front of the bike for the winter to keep the snow out.

I was going to try to fabricate some kind of removable plugs with a mesh opening for each side. That way I can remove them during summer and put them back each winter. Or maybe I should permanently attach it on there year round. Either way, I'm looking for suggestions on how to do removable or permanent solutions. I want it to look clean and also not get ripped off easily. Attaching it on the inside of the air intake rather than an ugly wrap on the outside is a challenge because I can't get to the inside surface of the air intake.

I assume you attach the mesh with some kind of adhesive but not sure what kind. I saw another thread in the archive about different mesh options. I see that FrogzSkin looks like the ticket and it comes with adhesive. http://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-40020.html

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Look into FrogSkins. These use adhesive at the perimeter to attach them. Drill several holes in your side panels and then place one of these over the top of the holes.

Premium Features