• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track and tunnel clearance?

P
Oct 1, 2014
Hey guys I'm in the process of building a new sled. Hard times made me sell my old m series but I can't just quit and I have most of my supplies left over from other projects. I'm building my own chassis mounting the motor on the tunnel behind the Jack shaft and drive shaft like an old doo set up. However I know my center of gravity is going to be higher but it should ok with how light this thing is going to be. My question is in an attempt to keep my motor down as much as possible what is the minimal amount of clearance I should have? fan cooled motor for now so no coolers to worry about. Going with a 141x 2 track and hopefully a belt drive system. Pogo front suspension from a yami or doo. Tube chassis with a little cf a little aluminum and a little plastic shooting for 325 dry I'm having more fun building this thing than riding my m! Thanks in advance

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Sounds like a fun project.
i dont know what the ideal clearance is but on the Nytros with 2,5" tracks its really close around the front tunnelcooler and they seem to run ok, someone wrote that with a bigger clearance the snow will get packed there anyway.

Premium Features