• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MC Chaincase

F
Jan 6, 2009
Does my 2001 Thundercat MC have a different chaincase than the standard 1999 thundercat chaincase (the part #s are different). If so what is the difference? is it longer/shorter...

Thanks,

Mark

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
A lot of those late 90's to early 2000's cats have the same chaincase. I bet I have one in the garage if you need one. And I kknow i have a good bulk head from the 1000 T-cat if you want one of those.

Last edited:

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I think there is a difference on one of the mounting holes on the front side of the case. The 01 and 02 mountain cats had the slight drop and roll and the chaincases had two different holes on the front bracket to fit either the mountain or the regular bulkhead. The older chaincases do not have the two holes but all the other holes in them bolt up the same. I would either not worry about leaving one bolt out or would just drill the hole through into the bulkhead and put a nut on the bolt instead of using the threaded insert. Incidentally the older chaincase will fit right on the 1M bulkhead.

Premium Features