• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T-cat vs. Mtn cat bulkhead differences?

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
Ive got a 98 T-cat doner sled with a fresh motor. And ive got a 2002 mtn cat bulkhead with VE tunnel. I want to put the t-cat motor in it. I know they made the 2002 T-cat, is it that same as mtn cat?

Will

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
Send a PM to Idcatman1. He has done all kinds of swaps like this on Cats. Great guy for helping out on projects and has tons of used Cat parts. Helped my son out when he put a 600 trip mod motor in a 1M chassis.

Good Luck, Sprocket.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
You'll want the '02 MC 1000 motor mounts, the bulkhead is slightly different. It's not a huge difference, but probably enough to screw it up. If the bulkhead has the mounts from a 600 twin in it already, you don't have to change the rear one, just need the front mount, and right rear mount.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
The mountain cat bulkhead for 01 and 02 had a slight drop and roll from the ZR one. So the jackshaft is a little lower by about 1/2" and the jackshaft and motor mount bracket on the left rear of the engine will need to be from a Mountain Cat not a ZR. The four brackets that bolt to the engine are the same from Mountain Cat to ZR, but you will need to get them from an 01 or 02 because they are different than the ones on your 98 engine. I have some of the front brackets but will need to find a Tcat to look at to make sure they are the right ones.

Premium Features