• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacing Steering Post On @005 King Cat

S

Slednadz

Oct 19, 2011
What's the procedure for replacing the steering post in a 2005 EFI King Cat?

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Top mount at the hoop is obvious. Roll the sled on it's side, or use a lift, and take off the plastic skid plate to get at the bottom hardware.

A
Mar 11, 2007
Onoway Alberta
I just did mine and had to take the seat and tank off. The bolt heads were installed "head down" and the tank was in the way. I had to bend my bars back into shape after a crash. Over the summer I will replace the post with one from Wildchild and go with the forward mount.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
In through the top or up through the belly pan, I cant quite remember.

Ive done this a few times and its a very tight fit. I cant remember if the post goes in the top -> down or from the bottom (belly pan) up. Maybe someone else can help here....

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
steering post

It works best from the top. It is best to pull the tank, air box, and unbolt the carbs or TBs and just move them to the side. EFIs are easier because of the oil pump but you just need to unhook every thing and work it through the motor mount and oil pump area. In and out the same way.

Cheers

Premium Features