• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

limp mode..

R
Apr 1, 2011
I have a quick question, my sled seems to bog all the way from startup idling all the way through the throttle range, with the throttle pegged i cant get over 40k an hour and im wondering if the kill switch would have anything to do with this? i picked up another one and gonna replace it today ive pulled the carbs checked them all over put in fresh fuel i have to mix it 50/50 race gas as im running a crank shop top end kit. But the sled has no power, compression is good and even also. headlight is nice and bright so i didnt figure it to be the mag but i thought maybe the coil or the kill switch was causing this. Any tips would be appreciated thx.

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
My guess would be to check your Tps setting, there's a thread on how to do thise here.. My other thoughts would be make sure your prefilters aren't getting clogged with snow, as well as your exhaust outlet... (but this means you'd have to be in some amount of powder for them to get clogged, or a good side hill for your exhaust outlet)

R
Apr 1, 2011
where bouts is the temp sensor? if its stock location is on top of the head im outta luck there cuz its got a crankshop kit on it, sorry first year with this sled and just learning where everything is.

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
Unless i'm wrong it should be right on the side of the Carb, but that's just going off of the one in the video. I'm not sure if they moved them around through the years but chances are it's right there.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Unless i'm wrong it should be right on the side of the Carb, but that's just going off of the one in the video. I'm not sure if they moved them around through the years but chances are it's right there.

That's where the tps is. The temp sensor goes in the top of the head. Now, if you are running somekind of aftermarket head, the temp sensor still much be hooked up even if it's not actually stuck into the motor. If you can't find it on the motor somewhere, It will be ziptied to a wireharness or frame somewhere. It wont run without it.

And your problem wont be in the kill switch circut. It's pretty much an on/off kind of thing.

Last edited:
R
Apr 1, 2011
excellent i found it.. wires are cut so im gonna go pick up another one tommorow and change it out thx. Hopefully that should take care of the issue.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
Buy the slp delete plug if it's just hanging out in space. It's a lot less ghetto. Just my opinion. That will do it. It should be kicking the temp light on too?

Premium Features