• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

20 amp ignition fuse keeps blowing

Y
Oct 6, 2010
Just installed a Powderlite Turbo on a 2009 FX Nytro and 20 amp ignition fuse keeps blowing.....................thinking its a short somewhere - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
changing it to a 30 amp doesn't solve the problem. There is obviously something wrong in the system that is causing it to burn out the fuse. I would rather burn a fuse then a wiring harness

M
Jan 14, 2004
What all is running on the ignition fuse. Add up all the parts (Ignition,maybe fuel pump etc etc) and see what they come to. At startup some items like the fuel pump will surge past their constant rated amp draw. If it just blows right away and has since you put on the kit you have a dead short. If it only blows sometimes I'd say you are over taxing the circuit. The 20 A fuse is there to protect the 20A wiring a 30 A fuse may or may not allow the wiring to heat up so that wouldn't be my first choice, either way it shouldn't do that.

M5

L

LOKI

Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
check wiring harness on front left corner of engine. the 08 harness would rub through and cause the fuse to blow not sure if any of the 09s had the same problem.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
From what i have seen, they run the oil return pump on that fuse, so adding anything to it would cause it to fail. I would say relay the oil pump and it should fix the problem.

Premium Features