• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wet Left Boot on REV (HMK Boots)

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I have a newer pair of HMK Pro Boa Focus boots and when playing in deep powder all day the left boot leaks on the top of toe. When I talked to Lucas at HMK about this (after they checked out my boots) he said they are putting a small run of silicone on the side panel to get the water to stop running onto the top of the boots and redirect it. He says this is a common REV problem. Has anybody got a fix for this? I really like these boots and don't want to have to give them up. But wet feet suck!!!

Thanks!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
You are kidding right:confused: Mod your sled so your boots don't leak? Something is just wrong with this. I think I would be boot shopping if that is the manufactures attitude!

S
I have a newer pair of HMK Pro Boa Focus boots and when playing in deep powder all day the left boot leaks on the top of toe.

you are not alone on this one and i am suprised that this thread wasn't started a long time ago. went through 3 pairs in one season with the exact same problem. i mentioned it once in the truck riding home and two out of the three other guys had the same boots with the same problem. we had a left foot, wet sock contest all the way home. anyway, i didn't get much response from my local dealer and switched to klim as soon as they started making them. i dont why it is like that but almost everyone i know with HMK boots has a leaky, left foot.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
you are not alone on this one and i am suprised that this thread wasn't started a long time ago. went through 3 pairs in one season with the exact same problem. i mentioned it once in the truck riding home and two out of the three other guys had the same boots with the same problem. we had a left foot, wet sock contest all the way home. anyway, i didn't get much response from my local dealer and switched to klim as soon as they started making them. i dont why it is like that but almost everyone i know with HMK boots has a leaky, left foot.

Scut: Are you guys all on REV's or other sleds also?

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
use to ride with hunting boots and always had a left foot wet--its due to all the clutch heat and snow melts and runs onto the boot--klims cured my 10 year problem:D that my story:eek:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Crap!, This seams like a stupid problem to have.

I may have to look at a fix for this. Has anyone looked at closing in the left foot well before? This is my first season on the REV and my first season with HMK Boots. Like I said I don't want to give up my HMK boots because I love the support and comfort. But as the snow gets deeper this problem gets worse. I don't really want to buy another pair of boots, but we will see what happens.

S
Scut: Are you guys all on REV's or other sleds also?

M8 and then my XRS. seriously, pick up a pair of klim's and you won't be disappointed. i was hesitant to purchase my first full set of klim gear due to the price but it has been worth EVERY penny. excellent product, excellent warranty, excellent service and excellent location (about 12 miles from where i live). the price difference on their boots isnt even that much for what you get.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
just do what i did when i was a kid stick your foot in a bread bag then put your boot on. actually that wasn't to many years a go either LOL

G
Aug 25, 2008
Boise, Idaho
I wear Whites, my buddies wear Whites, and we all ride Revs - no wet problems for any of us. Very warm boots and built with Whites great reputation for quality boots. Just not the trendy snowmobiling boots I guess.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I wear Whites, my buddies wear Whites, and we all ride Revs - no wet problems for any of us. Very warm boots and built with Whites great reputation for quality boots. Just not the trendy snowmobiling boots I guess.

I have a pair of Cabela's Goretex hunting boots I have been using as back-ups. But after a couple or early rides (when the snow was shallow) the support of the HMK's and the way the boots just held to the sled I would rather have those, no comparison. I guess I don't look at them as trendy, but to each his own:beer;

Premium Features