• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Sled

R
Mar 9, 2009
Soooo... just bought a new sled. Its a 2005 ski doo summit 800 adrenaline with a 151'' track. its got about 1600 miles and a completley stock engine. Any problems i should watch out for? also i was wondering if anyone else knows if you take the black rack off the tunnel and hook the wiring up to the led strip on the back can it be used as a brake light?

M

mxracer328

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 6, 2009
Prince George
i just picked up one of those too, from what ive heard and read 05 / 06 are the best years, im not sure abot your light question tho, but mine doesnt have the black rack but it does have an LED strip brake light, but i dunno if that was put there to replace the old one or if it was there along with the black rack

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
i just picked up one of those too, from what ive heard and read 05 / 06 are the best years, im not sure abot your light question tho, but mine doesnt have the black rack but it does have an LED strip brake light, but i dunno if that was put there to replace the old one or if it was there along with the black rack

The 05 and 06 have different motors. From 03 to 07 the 06 is the most desirable out of the box.:D

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
Soooo... just bought a new sled. Its a 2005 ski doo summit 800 adrenaline with a 151'' track. its got about 1600 miles and a completley stock engine. Any problems i should watch out for? also i was wondering if anyone else knows if you take the black rack off the tunnel and hook the wiring up to the led strip on the back can it be used as a brake light?

On my 04, my Boss seat has the LED taillight and I just wired it up, but I have heard of some lights needing a capasitor(spelling).

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
I removed the ugly black rack form my 04.

Bought at LED strip from SLP and wired it right up. Works good, very bright, but theres not alot of change from running light to brake light. Theres some change in brightness but not as much as you'd think.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
I ended up putting two white led strips that function only as tail lights ~ they are pretty bright and as long as there isn't any snow/ice build up and there is no mistaking my sled from behind vs anyone else. The warning light is constantly on though since the brake light feature is gone - but then if anyone is following me that close to where they NEED to see me hitting the brake - they are too dang close ;)

DSC036421.jpg

R

Reno Tom

Jun 16, 2009
I removed the rack on my 06 and put a led strip from fourbar on the snow flap

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Hey Blondz, had another question how did you mount the snowshoes to the tunnel??? Maybe another pic from above??

I have mounted the snowshoes on a couple different ways, and originally used heavy duty zip ties but those aren't the most reliable ~ in extreme temps, they have been known to spontaneously bust (even the expensive ones). I switched over to thin double sided velcro strips and those work soooo much better :)

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
The 05 and 06 have different motors. From 03 to 07 the 06 is the most desirable out of the box.:D

You sure? I could have sworn that the "new" 800r came out in 07 in the rev chassis. Then in 08 they modified it some (new crank) and dropped it into the REV XP. My 05 was a prime sled until I tried to put a BB into it, then problems

It's kinda cheesy ~ I just used rattle can... the plastic fusion krylon ~ have to touch it up once in a while, but it does look better than the red with the color scheme of the sled :cool: :beer;

I think I'll try that. Did you scuff the plastic and get rid of the glossy finish?

R
Mar 9, 2009
sticker

hey blondz where did that nine zero se7en sticker come from on the other sled?

I ended up putting two white led strips that function only as tail lights ~ they are pretty bright and as long as there isn't any snow/ice build up and there is no mistaking my sled from behind vs anyone else. The warning light is constantly on though since the brake light feature is gone - but then if anyone is following me that close to where they NEED to see me hitting the brake - they are too dang close ;)

DSC036421.jpg

Premium Features