• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 release date?

B

Boondockingak

Go buy anything new, ford, chevy, ram, arcticcat, polaris or skidoo. Same ****! Your gonna pay to play. If you were country cat, you would do the same thing. They are not in business to lose money.

Wait a minute, you don’t expect businesses to run at a poverty level, selling everything for free? You don’t actually expect me to believe that they have high overhead costs above and beyond what any of us are thinking? That would mean that someone actually needs to think about it beyond “I want everything for dirt cheap”. Those businesses have outrageous overhead costs. Good ain’t cheap and cheap ain’t good.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
So everyone knows how the game is played and people still complain about it? Dealers don't want to pay flooring costs on sleds sitting on the showroom floor all summer so they blow them out. They also don't want to be stuck with a bunch of holdovers. A shrinking sport means fewer buyers and new prices that don't reflect the true value of the product they are selling all contribute to this. Supply and demand will always dictate the true value of any product no matter what sticker price a manufacturer puts on it...

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
chances are, if you are enthuised enough by the sport to be reading along on an internet forum almost daily, you aren't gonna save any money buying last years model.
at all.

not one penny.

trust me.

T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
I know exactly what it will be. It will be new Model year with some better graphics. Motor will be epa compliant the Muffler will weigh 23#s And will be around $14000, But don't worry Country Cat will mark them down to $10,800 at the first of the year before you ride yours one time. And make it worth $8000 on trade at best with 90 miles on it. So everyone hurry up and snow check a sled because as always the only way you can get this sled is if you snow check it.

Yup exactly! I called cat and told them I will never snow check a sled from them because of that huge rebate. Kick in the balls when a buddy waits until January and gets the same sled for 2k less. Polaris or skidoo never have that huge of a rebate early like that. I hate how cats dont hold value like polairs or skidoo. At least where i live anyways.

T
Feb 28, 2016
Yup exactly! I called cat and told them I will never snow check a sled from them because of that huge rebate. Kick in the balls when a buddy waits until January and gets the same sled for 2k less. Polaris or skidoo never have that huge of a rebate early like that. I hate how cats dont hold value like polairs or skidoo. At least where i live anyways.

Where I'm from its almost the complete opposite, cats hold their value but there arent a ton around. Polaris and doo on the other hand are a dime a dozen. I bought my alpha in late November and the local dealer already had '19 doos down to 11,500 because they had about 25 sitting on their showroom floor with another 15 still in crates. Theyve got a bunch of '19 polaris' kicking around but they havent discounted them yet because they still have '17s that theyre trying to get rid of...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Doing Snowcheck ONLY on everything but a basic 2.6 153/162 model would be GREAT.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Doing Snowcheck ONLY on everything but a basic 2.6 153/162 model would be GREAT.

You are dreaming more than the guys wanting a 900 factory two stroke turbo with a 375 lb dry weight... No company is turning down the money. Now some extra incentives for Snowcheck would be nice beyond just an extra year of warranty.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
You are dreaming more than the guys wanting a 900 factory two stroke turbo with a 375 lb dry weight... No company is turning down the money. Now some extra incentives for Snowcheck would be nice beyond just an extra year of warranty.
Polaris did it with the 850?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Actually went beyond that as far as im concerned by not offering any sort of in season 850.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
All just depends where you live and each year different rebates by different brands.

Last year locally we had cats holding great value and POO/DOO had some killer rebates and things took a dive.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
They still offer a lot more than a base model in season. Cat doesn't have nearly as broad of lineup to where they can do what Polaris did.
Yamaha doesnt have a broad lineup :face-icon-small-hap

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
A quick google search shows plenty of the "snowcheck" only 850's available for sale. There is no such thing as a snowcheck only sled, there are always plenty at dealers to buy. Unless you are happy paying way more than a sled is worth to get a little extra warranty there is no reason to ever snowcheck a sled.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the thing on holdover snow check models is they are usually demos. at least from my dealer. you never get that new car smell. the other models you can find brand new all day long.

Premium Features