• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 120 Front Wheel Kit???

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
I know I've seen these before, and I know there was a good quality kit out there that would stand up to some abuse..... But can't seem to find it again...

Any suggestions??

Thanks

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I went cheap and picked up a set of roller blades at GoodWill for $10. Drilled the rivets that held the boots on, dropped a wheel out of the carriage and made them fit. This kept the wheels in line with the spindle and seemed to work ok on the street only. Not so much in the grass.

I would have a squirt bottle of cooking oil handy so the kids (and wife) would make a couple laps, stop for some lube on the hyfax, and then make some more laps.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
cool

Those look pretty cool, but I remember seeing some beefier tires on a setup that would do fine in the grass, still can't find them...

S

Snow Junkie

Mar 9, 2009
I think I can fab something up cheaper but equal to those. Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers from building their own kit?

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So what I did was take some harbor freight wheels and bought some bolts and spacers and made my own kit. It works great. Finding the right bolt and spacer combination may take a few tries. I will see if I can put up a quick video of what I did for the bolts and spacers. I need to put the wheels back on for the summer soon anyway. For the hyfax I used my old roller blades wheels and just put them on the inside of the rails to make it so the wheels run on the track and keep the hyfax off the rails. He can ride for quite a while without worrying about heating up.

Here is a video of him on it.

Last edited:
Premium Features