• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 rmk no start

B
Nov 16, 2013
Im looking at purchasing a 06 900 rmk, it is a little bit of a fixer. Supposedly the guy rolled it last year and it's been sitting all summer the body is ok just a front bumper needs to be replaced but he says it doesn't start there is good compression and spark but no start. I called my local dealer and they said because it is fuel injected there is a roll over switch or something to that nature. Is this true or should I just walk away since he is asking 1500 for it

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
There is no roll over switch, lol..that's untrue

For $1500 you really don't know what your getting into..he could be blowing smoke cause he knows more..but depends on your skills...these sleds rock but are heavy and not eay to. Trouble shoot if your not mechanically inclined..

I would say its worth $1000-1200

Tell him to lower price or no thanks IMO...and ask why he won't repair it..

Good luck

B
Nov 16, 2013
Thanks, I love working on sleds but I'm more of a ski doo guy but I seen this and it just seemed like a good deal. I'm def looking into why he isn't fixing it.

Talkeetna 900 RMK

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Talkeetna, Ak
The dealer near me in Alaska has not been the greatest help. The 900 had such a bad rap in their opinion that if it doesn't start or has any problems it must need a new engine. At 90 dollars an hour you don't want them just poking around trying to fix a sled they don't believe in. It may be an issue as simple as bad gas or gas with too little octane. Start with the simplest option and work to the more complex. If you need to rely on the dealers suggestions for fixing this 900 move on to something you are more comfortable with or it's going to cost you all u got it fix it. It could also be a gem in disguise. Good Luck

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
A "rollover switch"? :pound:
He's blowing smoke up your azz. I barrel rolled and end over end rolled my 06' 700 so many times I can't count them, she fired right up after I slide down the hill, climbed aboard, and pulled the cord.
I had a dealer try to take advantage of what he thought I didn't know, he never saw another dime from me.

The original plastic front bumpers on these were junk from the start, get a aftermarket bumper, fix up the plastics and all the cosmetic issues are solved
Ask yourself a few questions:

• Did it start/run fine before the rollover?
  • Is the kill switch damaged from rollover?
  • Is the pipe damaged? (looks like a end over end roll from the pics)
  • Is it just bad gas from sitting over the summer?
If you are semi mechanically inclined, I'd say go for it. Sounds like a great deal.

I also agree with Guido: "I would say its worth $1000-1200

Tell him to lower price or no thanks IMO...and ask why he won't repair it.."

Good Luck

Last edited:
Premium Features