• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to the 900 world

K
Oct 30, 2013
I recently bought an 06 rmk 900 151 with 287.4 miles on it from a friend of mine who rode double with his wife on the back on spring hard pack trails w/o scratchers so he had heating issues and didn't like the sled. I got it for 2,200 bucks. i have installed the slp hot air elimination kit, slp can, 3 inch bar riser, new belt, and gutted the stock air box. any suggestions for performance upgrades for little or no money? I will be riding between 5,000 and 10,000 feet in elevation and snow ranging from hard pack trail (2-3 mile at a time) to deep powder in the back country. any tip will be appreciated. My last sled was a 02 rmk 800 bone stock. I have been out of the sled world for a few years now and looking forward to getting back into the sleds. I also worry about the spare belt rubbing on the exhaust. it didn't come with a spare so i bought a new belt and kept the old one for a spare.

Last edited:

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
You will find this a very helpful forum, 700/900 past/present owners, myself included, are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum, specifically those marked with
xicon4.gif.pagespeed.ic.eL37mgRKs_.png

Most all your general questions will be answered there and it will also familiarize you with your new ride.

The list of potential mods to your sled is too long to list, read the above stickies, choose what you think would be best for your riding style and location and then ask away....:face-icon-small-coo

• Vents
  • 225# FTS
  • 2008+ spindles
  • More vents
To name a few

Welcome to SnoWest!!

Last edited:
Premium Features