• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Last year for the Suzuki 1100 now what

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
What would you say an average reliable rg tm8 is putting out at 8000 - 10,000 ft? We are talking at elevation as that is where we ride right? And I did say close to the same power.....

I agree the balance of a 4s and a 2s, even at the same weight, is different. I've rode 1100s that are lighter than a stock m8. It feels different, I also notice the power as you would expect.

Hey, I'm not bagging on 2s :face-icon-small-coo But I personally will deal with the balance and weight downsides to have the power and reliability upsides. Hell i rode a tapex for 4 years and helped developed a tm8 kit. One sled will never make everyone happy, we all know that, nor will anyone convince someone that their ideal sled is better than the other guys. The great news is you don't have to either.

I was thinking between the 240-250hp range for race gas. Go big or go home. If your going to spend the money on a turbo why only run it half way? I've owned a 11t with the bc 275 kit and know what they will do first hand, and I know my tm8 would give that thing a run for its money on a chute, in the trees I wouldn't even waste my gas on the challenge cause we all know what one would win. Don't get me wrong the bc 11t ran good but the sled just didn't excite me in the trees. I was wore out by the time I got to the chutes!

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That's fair, I wouldn't pick an 1100 for tree riding either if that is mostly what I rode. It wears you out for sure. Guys that ride 75/25, open to trees, are the potential 4s guys. The most common thing I hear as a dealer for why people go 4s is the stock 2s won't get me where I want to go. Is that partially skill level? Probably. Not everyone wants to try that hard to get over the hill to the next bowl, and that's ok too. As long as everyone has fun in their own way that's all that matters.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Well they should be!!! 14 lbs isn't crazy. That's the lower end of race gas boost I would say.

Your right. Over here guys run up to 12 psi at sea level on straight pumpgas with lowered compressiom. They are around 220hp at 12 psi.
Running 8 psi on racgas at 9k elevation seems like waste of money and hp.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 2

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
In my experience most guys buy a rg kit so they aren't shoehorned into a pump gas they out grow in a year. Very few i know are running over 12lbs, a lot has to do with the availability of av and the expense of 110. Waste of a rg kit, maybe, but cheaper than changing to a rg kit next year. Most of our riding is 6-8k but I know lots down south that are 10-12k so I was taking an average.

Sorry for the derailment of your thread AT :face-icon-small-coo I started a new one to do this discussion so we can continue this over there.

I think the bottom line is a 4s will never be as light as a 2s because the motor won't allow it to be. Guys going to a 150hp 4s, that is close to the weight of a 2s, will be thrilled.....if they haven't rode a big hp 4s previously and like that feeling.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Wasnt thinking reliable 14lb kit so much lol. More 9-11 on av kind of kit. Not that you can't obviously but most guys I know that have rg kits arent running 14lbs.

40lbs is pretty straight forward weight loss on an 1100.

At 8-10k if you're running av to run 9 psi, again... you're not treating your wallet right. 9 is pump gas level for 8-10k (I can run 91 ethanol fuel and run 10.5 safely, 11 on the edge without a timing key), 11.5 is STARTING to get into a real RG setup, and 12.5-14 is just a medium RG level that we can still run on 25% RG or 50-60% av gas. to run 100% av up here we get into the 16 range on a properly built turbo kit. (btw, these numbers are all without an intercooler... cause we don't need one more thing adding weight to the front of the sled)

So, at 13ish... we should be in the 220+ range EASILY without reaching too hard for numbers.

You say 40 lbs of weight loss, but I only care about the losses that directly make up for motor weight. Any weight loss to the skid doesn't help at all for me (I actually feel the same way on my 2 strokes, I could care less about back of sled weight loss) now, if you could lose 40 JUST in the front of the machine, then I'd be closer to being interested.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
At 8-10k if you're running av to run 9 psi, again... you're not treating your wallet right. 9 is pump gas level for 8-10k (I can run 91 ethanol fuel and run 10.5 safely, 11 on the edge without a timing key), 11.5 is STARTING to get into a real RG setup, and 12.5-14 is just a medium RG level that we can still run on 25% RG or 50-60% av gas. to run 100% av up here we get into the 16 range on a properly built turbo kit. (btw, these numbers are all without an intercooler... cause we don't need one more thing adding weight to the front of the sled)

So, at 13ish... we should be in the 220+ range EASILY without reaching too hard for numbers.

You say 40 lbs of weight loss, but I only care about the losses that directly make up for motor weight. Any weight loss to the skid doesn't help at all for me (I actually feel the same way on my 2 strokes, I could care less about back of sled weight loss) now, if you could lose 40 JUST in the front of the machine, then I'd be closer to being interested.

Front of sled. In the same area of the engine.

Belt drive -11lbs
Aarms -6lbs
Hood -16lbs
Exhaust -10lbs

There is your 43lbs in the engine area. That should put your sled within 30lbs of a stock 2012 m8 for about 4000.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Front of sled. In the same area of the engine.

Belt drive -11lbs
Aarms -6lbs
Hood -16lbs
Exhaust -10lbs

There is your 43lbs in the engine area. That should put your sled within 30lbs of a stock 2012 m8 for about 4000.

So with that 4k spent to get the 11t within 30lbs of an m8 (with no engine mods) I could turn around and spend that 4k on a turbo for the m8 and then be leaps and bounds ahead of the 11t with more power and less weight. Right?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
So with that 4k spent to get the 11t within 30lbs of an m8 (with no engine mods) I could turn around and spend that 4k on a turbo for the m8 and then be leaps and bounds ahead of the 11t with more power and less weight. Right?

4k for a turbo? Where are you getting a race gas turbo for 4k? 7k is more like it. You might be able to get a pump gas boony kit for 4k. And maybe actually ride it 3 or 4 days out of the year The rest of the season is spent with the hood open and tuning. So, quality race gas turbo kit 7k. So that brings a new proclimb m8 with rave gas kit to around 19k and 230hp. New 1100t with 4000$ in lightweight goodies is around 17,500$. So that leaves 1500 to spend on more power or whatever you please.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
4k for a turbo? Where are you getting a race gas turbo for 4k? 7k is more like it. You might be able to get a pump gas boony kit for 4k. And maybe actually ride it 3 or 4 days out of the year The rest of the season is spent with the hood open and tuning. So, quality race gas turbo kit 7k. So that brings a new proclimb m8 with rave gas kit to around 19k and 230hp. New 1100t with 4000$ in lightweight goodies is around 17,500$. So that leaves 1500 to spend on more power or whatever you please.

I just find people like you that buy sleds, put a sh!t ton of money in them then ride it for 150 miles and then sell it. So ya, you could find a race gas kit for 4k

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I just find people like you that buy sleds, put a sh!t ton of money in them then ride it for 150 miles and then sell it. So ya, you could find a race gas kit for 4k

So I'm the one who buys sleds, barely rides them and sells them? Hu?! I believe i traded my 09 m8 that I bought for $8500 put 900 miles on it and bought a $7000 ovs race gas kit ($15,500 total) plus a mini cat 120. So ($16,600) to you for a 2012 1100t with 600 miles and azz load of evo shtuff. Total around ($20,000) at least. And I'm still making 40 more hp!!!! So don't give me this "I have cheep hp bs". You lost your azz! Now you have to calculate your loss on your 1100 and add it to the price of your tm8.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
So I'm the one who buys sleds, barely rides them and sells them? Hu?! I believe i traded my 09 m8 that I bought for $8500 put 900 miles on it and bought a $7000 ovs race gas kit ($15,500 total) plus a mini cat 120. So ($16,600) to you for a 2012 1100t with 600 miles and azz load of evo shtuff. Total around ($20,000) at least. And I'm still making 40 more hp!!!! So don't give me this "I have cheep hp bs". You lost your azz! Now you have to calculate your loss on your 1100 and add it to the price of your tm8.

Might of lost money on the deal but hey, at least I got a solid sled out of the deal. I saved myself a lot of money by dumping that boat anchor off to you, and now your wanting to dump it off to someone else for the same reasons I did. The kicker is you better be ready to loose your shorts on the deal now because you'll be lucky to get 10k for that. People can't even give those 11t's away right now, there have been three posted up for sale in the past couple days on here. Looks to me like you gambled on a fart and lost!

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
You see the asking price on those sleds? 18k and 15k?? I could price my big shiny black boat anchor at 12 and look like a saint!!! But hey. Maybe I'll just keep it. Put a 174 3" on it. And show your flat landing azz how to ride the sled you were to much of a pu$$y to ride!!!

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
You see the asking price on those sleds? 18k and 15k?? I could price my big shiny black boat anchor at 12 and look like a saint!!! But hey. Maybe I'll just keep it. Put a 174 3" on it. And show your flat landing azz how to ride the sled you were to much of a pu$$y to ride!!!

Good luck.......you'll have to make it past noon to show me how to do that. Watch out for that tree!!!!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
....children please lol.

T1100t was shy on the lost weight for the exhaust at only 10 (more like 16 if straight pipe) and don't forget the 10lbs in a battery. Around 60 lbs off, we weighted a tm8 at 65lbs less than the stock 1100. Hence the spend 10k on each one and where are you at. Av reflash on a stock turbo is a little over 230hp.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
....children please lol.

T1100t was shy on the lost weight for the exhaust at only 10 (more like 16 if straight pipe) and don't forget the 10lbs in a battery. Around 60 lbs off, we weighted a tm8 at 65lbs less than the stock 1100. Hence the spend 10k on each one and where are you at. Av reflash on a stock turbo is a little over 230hp.

Seems like a huge weight savings is with the headlight delete and hood, Just curious how everyone makes it without a good headlight? Are the head lamps that people are using after the headlight delete really that bright?

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
You shouldnt even be able to compare the stock headlight to an LED Lightbar. I have a 6" LED and love it. Something you just have to see in person to see how bright it actually is. Setup on the high beam side as an on off switch. Wouldnt ever use a stock headlight again plus they just look cool.

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
One thing Im going to try this year to see if it will lose any weight and make things easier is to get the race body mounted onto the sled. I have the side panels and front airbox. Just need acouple other parts to get it all done. I dont know how much it will lose but the race panels dont weight much and they take the place of the side panel, rear console, and hood side. Heres a pic you can kinda see the difference between them

2012-Arctic-Cat-Sno-Pro-600_04.jpg

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
You shouldnt even be able to compare the stock headlight to an LED Lightbar. I have a 6" LED and love it. Something you just have to see in person to see how bright it actually is. Setup on the high beam side as an on off switch. Wouldnt ever use a stock headlight again plus they just look cool.

You got pictures of one installed?

Premium Features