• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTH-A little miffed here

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Alright what the heck is going on here.

KSH I understand the idea behind trying to get the "1100 Turbo Videos for 2013" back on track a bit. But...

Now Turbo11T goes and starts a new post to capture all the discussions that we drifted into in the first post. (I figured that was where my original thread would head after a bit, just because I have been around these sleds a bit and have spent some time on Snowest) So... Now the Mod Turbo11T (a sales guy for Evo) starts a new post (With a sales pitch) and puts (SOME) of the information from the original post in this new one. Notice how he left out anything that was posted negatively towards the 1100 or EVO? Hmmmm Nice move there.

I wanted to hear from Evo, but I also want to have an unbiased opinion on what was going on with these sleds. As soon as Evo or their pack of wolves sales pitch guys show up all the guys that really know what’s going on go someplace else. What’s the deal.

Again I started my original post knowing it would soon side track, and it did, and it was headed down a path of good discussion and actually maybe getting somewhere. Now that is has been gutted, and (EDITED) and a new post started by a guy that sells EVO kits, it's all downhill from here.

Great information up to that point.

(As you can tell a bit discussed with the Mod process today)

I suppose considering this has nothing to do with the 1100, you can just as easily move it to the snow hawk section that no one ever looks at. Or I suppose delete it like some of the other posts that don't fit your liking.

Thunder

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I'm not seeing where any of the posts that were on the video thread are gone now that there in their own thread. I only posted the "re thread" idea because of a mod complaining about it being off track. And didn't want them to just delete the whole thread because of it..

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Alright what the heck is going on here.

KSH I understand the idea behind trying to get the "1100 Turbo Videos for 2013" back on track a bit. But...

Now Turbo11T goes and starts a new post to capture all the discussions that we drifted into in the first post. (I figured that was where my original thread would head after a bit, just because I have been around these sleds a bit and have spent some time on Snowest) So... Now the Mod Turbo11T (a sales guy for Evo) starts a new post (With a sales pitch) and puts (SOME) of the information from the original post in this new one. Notice how he left out anything that was posted negatively towards the 1100 or EVO? Hmmmm Nice move there.

I wanted to hear from Evo, but I also want to have an unbiased opinion on what was going on with these sleds. As soon as Evo or their pack of wolves sales pitch guys show up all the guys that really know what’s going on go someplace else. What’s the deal.

Again I started my original post knowing it would soon side track, and it did, and it was headed down a path of good discussion and actually maybe getting somewhere. Now that is has been gutted, and (EDITED) and a new post started by a guy that sells EVO kits, it's all downhill from here.

Great information up to that point.

(As you can tell a bit discussed with the Mod process today)

I suppose considering this has nothing to do with the 1100, you can just as easily move it to the snow hawk section that no one ever looks at. Or I suppose delete it like some of the other posts that don't fit your liking.

Thunder

Martin,

I cannot comment with respect to the other thread other than to say that we have loyal customers and other companies that are passionate about our products and come to our defense (like a pack of wolves) whenever the pot is stirred.

You and I have had conversations about 1100T charge temps privately, but I guess now you want to bring it to the public arena - that is fine. I am happy to have the same discussion in public. I data log everything each time I ride so it would be fair to say I have a good idea of how well our kits run.

With that said, I don't think I have ever spoken to HCM, so I have no idea what is going on with his sled. If he still has the sled and wants help, have him call me.

With respect to the Big Chute falling on its face after 300 yards, that is not the experience of most. I need to know what mods HCM has on his sled to help him figure out what is going on. The stock intercooler with no exhaust blankets, no intercooler fan, gills installed in the front with a hood packed with snow is like running with no intercooler at all. It WILL heat soak.

Running with an intercooler fan and gills removed with snow packed on the intercooler is VERY effective. I have a years worth of data logging to prove it. For guys doing spring time chute climbs where there is no snow on the intercooler and fairly low ground speeds NEED the water to air. Guys running mesh hoods NEED the water to air - the mesh hoods kills airflow through the core and prevents snow from cooling the IC.

As was stated, the guys from Thunderstruck, KJ from Slednecks along with many other happy customers will attest that these sled RIP. A BC 275 with an air to air may not be the equal of a Twisted M1000 Turbo, but our Super Chute kits with a water to air are more than equal.

Last edited:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I'm on my iPhone, so I can not see the full threads. So it will be tonight before I get to real computer .

But if a new thread, was started I will guarantee that all the posts in it are unedited and nothing is deleted.

The forum saves all versions of posts , we can tell if you go back and edit one letter in a post.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I'm on my iPhone, so I can not see the full threads. So it will be tonight before I get to real computer .

But if a new thread, was started I will guarantee that all the posts in it are unedited and nothing is deleted.

The forum saves all versions of posts , we can tell if you go back and edit one letter in a post.

:face-icon-small-win Yep

Hey, go back and check your key strokes again after you get to your PC. Then PM me and tell me what you find.

Thunder

Last edited:
A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Martin,

I cannot comment with respect to the other thread other than to say that we have loyal customers and other companies that are passionate about our products and come to our defense (like a pack of wolves) whenever the pot is stirred.

You and I have had conversations about 1100T charge temps privately, but I guess now you want to bring it to the public arena - that is fine. I am happy to have the same discussion in public. I data log everything each time I ride so it would be fair to say I have a good idea of how well our kits run.

With that said, I don't think I have ever spoken to HCM, so I have no idea what is going on with his sled. If he still has the sled and wants help, have him call me.

With respect to the Big Chute falling on its face after 300 yards, that is not the experience of most. I need to know what mods HCM has on his sled to help him figure out what is going on. The stock intercooler with no exhaust blankets, no intercooler fan, gills installed in the front with a hood packed with snow is like running with no intercooler at all. It WILL heat soak.

Running with an intercooler fan and gills removed with snow packed on the intercooler is VERY effective. I have a years worth of data logging to prove it. For guys doing spring time chute climbs where there is no snow on the intercooler and fairly low ground speeds NEED the water to air. Guys running mesh hoods NEED the water to air - the mesh hoods kills airflow through the core and prevents snow from cooling the IC.

As was stated, the guys from Thunderstruck, KJ from Slednecks along with many other happy customers will attest that these sled RIP. A BC 275 with an air to air may not be the equal of a Twisted M1000 Turbo, but our Super Chute kits with a water to air are more than equal.

Jim, I surely am not here to argue with you. Just learning a few things and trying to get a handle on some ideas. You and Evo have done a tremendous amount of work for Cat and the 1100. Keep moving forward. It's appreciated. Don't take offence to what you read or see. Emotions aren't understood well on email, forums or chats. So again keep doing what your doing.

Thanks

Thunder

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I'm not seeing where any of the posts that were on the video thread are gone now that there in their own thread. I only posted the "re thread" idea because of a mod complaining about it being off track. And didn't want them to just delete the whole thread because of it..

Hey snowmow, no harm. I have appreciated your willingness to discuss the issues without feeling like someone was picking.

Thanks

Thunder

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I like talking about this stuff. I like having the manufacturers on here as well. I like to know that they know what people are thinking! And that we as customers are not just going to accept everything they sell and say without question. Alot of guys on here have alot of experience with boosted sleds, intercoolers, fuel boxes etc.... I think most guys bought the 1100s thinking "cheeper HP". You know, turboed from the factory. And claimed HUGE HP gains promised with nothing more than a reflash. " yeah right". People were used to turboing their m8's and not having to spend huge money above and beyond the turbo kit purchase to blanket and reinforce everything so it could handle the heat and power. But on these machines your getting above full mod, big bore, 2 stroke turbo cost by the time you, Big chute, air to water, all the motor bracing, blankets, brv, roll over valve, intake, clutching, chain case stuff your $13,000 pro climb 1100T. And most of that stuff really isn't optional unless you want to blow belts or a chain or a jack shaft. I think for the most part, that the people who bought this sled dreaming of big reliable power were and are very disappointed.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I like talking about this stuff. I like having the manufacturers on here as well. I like to know that they know what people are thinking! And that we as customers are not just going to accept everything they sell and say without question. Alot of guys on here have alot of experience with boosted sleds, intercoolers, fuel boxes etc.... I think most guys bought the 1100s thinking "cheeper HP". You know, turboed from the factory. And claimed HUGE HP gains promised with nothing more than a reflash. " yeah right". People were used to turboing their m8's and not having to spend huge money above and beyond the turbo kit purchase to blanket and reinforce everything so it could handle the heat and power. But on these machines your getting above full mod, big bore, 2 stroke turbo cost by the time you, Big chute, air to water, all the motor bracing, blankets, brv, roll over valve, intake, clutching, chain case stuff your $13,000 pro climb 1100T. And most of that stuff really isn't optional unless you want to blow belts or a chain or a jack shaft. I think for the most part, that the people who bought this sled dreaming of big reliable power were and are very disappointed.

Snow, we have MANY people running our 215 reflash with nothing but an exhaust who are EXTREMELY happy with the sled. It all depends upon what neighborhood you want to play in. The 215 beats most 800 turbo kits. To play in the 300 neighborhood does require more money and products to make it all work.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
You can't tell me that you or the people who bought the big chute when it came out had any idea that 4-5k$ more stuff would be necessary just so you can have a reliable sled. Don't get me wrong. This is not your fault, it's arctic cats fault. Most of these sleds aren't reliable in stock form. Let alone adding HP.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Snow, we have MANY people running our 215 reflash with nothing but an exhaust who are EXTREMELY happy with the sled. It all depends upon what neighborhood you want to play in. The 215 beats most 800 turbo kits. To play in the 300 neighborhood does require more money and products to make it all work.

Jim your right, a lot of people are happy with the bone stock 1100T. And is probably the best arctic cat sled they could ever own. Like you and others have said, when you really start wanting to push it past the next level of performance there is no limit to the money you can dump into it. And at this point we don't know where the top is. I think we are still trying to get there. We just might max out at 25K in mods like the apex guys by the time its done. Like Snowwow said you can't expect big performance with a 5K worth of mods like we do on our two strokes on the 4 strokes. Just isn't happening.

Thunder

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
As a matter of fact...

You can't tell me that you or the people who bought the big chute when it came out had any idea that 4-5k$ more stuff would be necessary just so you can have a reliable sled. Don't get me wrong. This is not your fault, it's arctic cats fault. Most of these sleds aren't reliable in stock form. Let alone adding HP.

The 1100T in stock form isn't perfect by any means, but it does ride considerably better then other stock 4-stokes. Handling is comparable to my previously owned M1000 IMHO. When I purchased mine, I knew it was warrantied for 177 hp - period. Anything above that hp level would require driveline / clutching improvements. Venting is a must on this sled - and lots of it. My sled is overbuilt - I'm only running a BC250 kit, but it can handle more power, I just chose to be bulletproof in the backcountry.
One can't compare a two stroke to a four, period. They are two different animals, require a different riding style, and inherently have different maintenance concerns. A 2S 100LL turbo M1K needs a top end every season, where a 4S turbo running 100LL does not. The M-series and the Proclimb are night and day different, are they not? I've looked all over my proclimb looking for a diamond drive, never found it yet. I understand there are those that wish the PC would have been as reliable as the M-series, and I'm one of them. But you couldn't pay me enough to go back riding one, even if it is boosted...

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
So you could not be happier with your sled? Do you feel for the money you spent, you couldn't have a better or more reliable sled?

T
Nov 18, 2010
Fort McMurray A.B
I ran my M1100 with a Evo 215 flash . It has a fan kit lots of venting brv valve boost tubes team secondary. And I like it better than my 2010 m 8 with a twisted turbo race gas kit on it. The M 1100 never skipped a beat all season

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
:face-icon-small-win Yep

Hey, go back and check your key strokes again after you get to your PC. Then PM me and tell me what you find.

Thunder

There will be no PM, I asked Turbo11T to clean up a thread and this is what I found he did.
He moved mechanical posts to a mechanical thread, in the process he deleted two of his own posts and deleted a post from HillClimbPro.
The only edit I seen of a post that was not his was a post that he hit the "edit" button instead of the "quote" button and had to deleted his response and repost it with the quotes.
This is the post he deleted and I'm leaving it deleted

turbi11t3_zpsbeaa6e90.png

Now nothing sinister happened here, just normal stuff that Mods do. You just noticed it this time. I even found a post where you changed just one letter.
Thunder_zps32d7b5f9.png

And yes, Turbo11T installs Evo's stuff. Do you want a Mod that works on Ski Doos answering and directing questions?
Evo's people do a good job of answering peoples questions and helping with any issues that come up with their products. Just because you had a bad experience with their product does not mean everybody has a problem with their product. I also do not see them hiding from answering your questions even when you jump them in a video thread.

My patience with this is now gone, you attacked a Mod for doing his job in a open thread which pizzes me off.
Any more complaints you have about Evos products can be handled with the PMs or phone calls to them personally.

Last edited:
H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
There will be no PM, I asked Turbo11T to clean up a thread and this is what I found he did.
He moved mechanical posts to a mechanical thread, in the process he deleted two of his own posts and deleted a post from HillClimbPro.
The only edit I seen of a post that was not his was a post that he hit the "edit" button instead of the "quote" button and had to deleted his response and repost it with the quotes.
This is the post he deleted and I'm leaving it deleted

turbi11t3_zpsbeaa6e90.png

Now nothing sinister happened here, just normal stuff that Mods do. You just noticed it this time. I even found a post where you changed just one letter.
Thunder_zps32d7b5f9.png

And yes, Turbo11T installs Evo's stuff. Do you want a Mod that works on Ski Doos answering and directing questions?
Evo's people do a good job of answering peoples questions and helping with any issues that come up with their products. Just because you had a bad experience with their product does not mean everybody has a problem with their product. I also do not see them hiding from answering your questions even when you jump them in a video thread.

My patience with this is now gone, you attacked a Mod for doing his job in a open thread which pizzes me off.
Any more complaints you have about Evos products can be handled with the PMs or phone calls to them personally.

Last time I checked I'm to am a paid member! So why the XXXX did my post get deleted!!?? Wasn't out of line, just stating how I felt. Now I did not have an issue with any of the Evo stuff I had (was a little pricey). The only thing I personally did not care for was the the quality of the sled from Arctic Cat. Once I modded the sled it was beef this up beef that up in order for the sled to be reliable. I now have a tm8 that has an ovs race gas kit on it and I have not had to "beef" ANYTHING up on the sled for it to handle the power. Oh I take that back it has m1000 reeds in it. I have nothing against Evo at all but that sled wasnt my cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Last time I checked I'm to am a paid member! So why the XXXX did my post get deleted!!?? Wasn't out of line, just stating how I felt. Now I did not have an issue with any of the Evo stuff I had (was a little pricey). The only thing I personally did not care for was the the quality of the sled from Arctic Cat. Once I modded the sled it was beef this up beef that up in order for the sled to be reliable. I now have a tm8 that has an ovs race gas kit on it and I have not had to "beef" ANYTHING up on the sled for it to handle the power. Oh I take that back it has m1000 reeds in it. I have nothing against Evo at all but that sled wasnt my cup of tea.

Put the f-word in a post again in any form and you will be Premium member with a long time out.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Put the f-word in a post again in any form and you will be Premium member with a long time out.

Why is this harp on me when all my post said was "me too!" and got deleted. Last time I checked I didn't spell the word out, I used other characters in place of a couple letters as TONS of other people do on this forum and I've never seen anyone jump on them. SO WHY ME!?!?!?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Why is this harp on me when all my post said was "me too!" and got deleted. Last time I checked I didn't spell the word out, I used other characters in place of a couple letters as TONS of other people do on this forum and I've never seen anyone jump on them. SO WHY ME!?!?!?

You can say that to your mother or post it in Fouled Plug all you want.
But that was directed towards me and I will not allow it, no matter how you type it.

As for your "me too", It's a conspiracy to keep all highly informative posts hidden.

Premium Features