• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Old style M series handlebar on Summit?

G
Oct 25, 2012
I like the look of the old style tall M handlebars, esp for the frequency of tandeming I do. Any reason this wouldn't be a good upgrade to an 02 summit? If I order the OEM part should I get the grips and handwarmers at the same time, are warmers a universal plugin? Or perhaps it is possible to carefully peel the old ones off my stock bars?

I am aware of the height difference and the possibility of needing cable extensions.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I like the look of the old style tall M handlebars, esp for the frequency of tandeming I do. Any reason this wouldn't be a good upgrade to an 02 summit? If I order the OEM part should I get the grips and handwarmers at the same time, are warmers a universal plugin? Or perhaps it is possible to carefully peel the old ones off my stock bars?

I am aware of the height difference and the possibility of needing cable extensions.

I think frostbite is about to pull off a set of these, might want to shoot him a PM.

No reason you couldn't do this btw... you already know the couple concerns obviously, so go for it!

Premium Features