• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What pipe for a M8 2011?

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
What pipe seems to work best on a M8 2011?
Is it worth spend up to $1000 to gain a few hp?
I am riding mostly at sealevel and up to 3000 feet
Let me know
Thanks

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I've heard not worth the few HP you will gain. I changed silencers to save 13.5# and went with SLP. The underhood heat is greatly reduced too as evidenced by my dash vents I used to use to warm/defog my goggles. Now they just get a little heat compared to before I could definitely tell the difference.

I weighed the stock suitcase silencer (used of course) and the new SLP (new of course) and the weight diff was 13.5 between them. Not sure what a used SLP would weigh. Certainly would not gain 13.5#.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
If you want to get max performance out of your sled a pipe wont do that. I would first look into clutching, aftermarket secondary and/or primary, proper springs and weights, Id get the RK-tek secondary with a torsion spring, that will make your sled shift like it should, and actualy give you your sleds power. If your not looking to get all the power out of what you already have I would look into an Rk-tek Bolt on kit. I would recomend any product from Rk-tek to anyone, but for what you want id say the secondary or the head would be perfect.

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
My sled are clutched and I have also a lightweight can. Is There anyone who runs a different pipe setup and can tell how it works?

Skickat från min LT15i via Tapatalk 2

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I would spend the $1000 on a port job instead of a pipe. Much much more
Power to be gained there than a pipe. The stock HO pipe is really good already, no need to change it.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spend $25 on a subscription to dynotech research and you will find some good options.

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
I've got a Single Pipe Set off my 2011 M8 HCR. Selling it for cheap. I think the set has around 300-400 miles. Has a extra O2 bung welded on to it but I have a plug for it if you don't want to run a wideband. Also the y-pipe is drilled for EGT Probes. The thing is in mint condition and at WAY less than a new set.

The only reason I'm selling it. Is because I stole the Power Commander and ported cylinders off that sled for my new 2013. Putting this one back to stock so I can sell it. Can't say how much better just the pipe would be on the sled. But right now I'm just running a pipe on my 2013 and it seem to make a big differnece on the bottom plus it has more snap through the whole powerband. I'm sure it would similar. Might have to chat with SLP to see if you can run just the pipe since its built for ported cylinders. Or step up and port it while your at it.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/swapmeet/showproduct.php/product/6089/cat/500
Matt

Last edited:

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
I've been looking into this also, bikeman performance make a bolt on performance kit for 1700$ pipe/y pipe/reeds/intake/torsion conversion for secondary/power commander V, I forget what else I'm not sure how good of a brand they are but it seems like a pretty good deal. They claim the kit produces gains from 20-25 hp

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I've been looking into this also, bikeman performance make a bolt on performance kit for 1700$ pipe/y pipe/reeds/intake/torsion conversion for secondary/power commander V, I forget what else I'm not sure how good of a brand they are but it seems like a pretty good deal. They claim the kit produces gains from 20-25 hp

Bikeman is a really good brand you cant go wrong with the kit for the sounds of it IMO

Premium Features