• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My M series 3"x 162 Camo 9220M Review

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Just put a 3"x162 on last saturday, there's a 1/4" of clearance on the front of the tunnel. tested it this weekend on 20" of fresh total snow was 87" at 6500 feet, snow was soft you sunk to your waist when you stepped off your sled western MT. first thing I noticed was taking a corner the edge of the track would catch and tilt the sled on it's side unless you stayed on the gas around the corner. the old power claw would slide around the corner, the 3" would sort of snag. some specs on my sled. I'm running a Twisted 09 m8 162 with Kmod conversion at 10 PSI about 240-250HP. this track is huge. my buddies told me as soon as the turbo spools when I punched it this track would shoot a wall of snow out the back. I felt that I had less track speed. you could hear a whirl of wind when you hit the gas. this track really chews up the snow. the braking was awesome, you could stop on a steep downhill, no problem. comparison on a steep climb my trench was about 8" deeper than my buddies on a 2.5" camo xtreme. but the guys behind on the trail would say that I was throwing out softball sized chunks of snow behind me. track wanted to eat my mudflap also, had to rig it out of the way with wire, but overall I'm pretty happy with the track without the Kmod this thing would want to flip over backwards. My Kmod was set at 4(90%) coupled all day and the front was still 2 ' in the air. the skis never touched the ground on a climb

Last edited:

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Been waiting to here a report on this track, would like to see a comparison between the 3" and the 2.6 powerclaw . Not liking the challenger track very much...

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I thought about the 2.6" 85 Duro for a long time

had old power claw, it was only $200 more for the 3" than 2.6" so for an xtra $200 gained .75" of track vs .35" of track. but the 3" is HUNGRY it chews up and spits out everything it comes across.

Putzy

Premium Member
Sep 30, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm glad to hear you like it with the Kmod. I was looking into getting one. Even with a stock motor I can't keep the front end down.

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
So if it trenches more, which track gets farther up the hill? I've got the older 3 inch track and my only complaint is it's HEAVY.

Putzy

Premium Member
Sep 30, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I agree it is pretty heavy. Every window is clipped though, so I'm considering taking out every second to save some weight. It doesn't feel like it trenches more than the stock powerclaw. It just transfers more weight back and should have a coupled skid.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Horsepower

I always go up and over, with my Turbo, but my buddies sled with the 2.5" seemed to traverse the hill at a faster pace, but I was dodging trees so it could of been my line, it's hard to stay on your line when the skis don't touch the ground at times. the snow was soft but not sugary

Last edited:

Putzy

Premium Member
Sep 30, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I couldn't imagine it with a turbo. I was getting too much ski lift running stock. Does the Kmod with the 3" help it get up on the snow a lot better?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Yes and no

the Kmod affects Ski lift, but the track creates the lift and flotation. when I punch it there is a big whirlwind noise and it launches

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Need to add an Update

I had my Kmod set up too stiff, for the snow conditions. changed it to a 3 and increased float psi to about 200, there was too much weight on the skis before and I was pushing snow with my front end. now have ore ski lift, but not too much and changed it alot. snow was more setup and this thing was shredding everything in sight, I was climbing steep hills, letting off, almost stopping, picking a different line 30 degrees to the right and continueing to shred back up the MTN. plus braking was solid also.

R
Feb 24, 2009
Gunnison, Co
Just put a 3"x162 on last saturday, there's a 1/4" of clearance on the front of the tunnel. tested it this weekend on 20" of fresh total snow was 87" at 6500 feet, snow was soft you sunk to your waist when you stepped off your sled western MT. first thing I noticed was taking a corner the edge of the track would catch and tilt the sled on it's side unless you stayed on the gas around the corner. the old power claw would slide around the corner, the 3" would sort of snag. some specs on my sled. I'm running a Twisted 09 m8 162 with Kmod conversion at 10 PSI about 240-250HP. this track is huge. my buddies told me as soon as the turbo spools when I punched it this track would shoot a wall of snow out the back. I felt that I had less track speed. you could hear a whirl of wind when you hit the gas. this track really chews up the snow. the braking was awesome, you could stop on a steep downhill, no problem. comparison on a steep climb my trench was about 8" deeper than my buddies on a 2.5" camo xtreme. but the guys behind on the trail would say that I was throwing out softball sized chunks of snow behind me. track wanted to eat my mudflap also, had to rig it out of the way with wire, but overall I'm pretty happy with the track without the Kmod this thing would want to flip over backwards. My Kmod was set at 4(90%) coupled all day and the front was still 2 ' in the air. the skis never touched the ground on a climb

1/4" clearance? are you running with stock drivers?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
YES

stock drivers, i'm running the track pretty tight, about 1/2" to 3/4" track sag, compared to the normal 1.5" of sag

R
Jan 2, 2008
been wanting one myself for my M1000. Just wondering how it hooks up?? My buddy and me are running attack20's backwards. Cleaning house drag racing, even against turbos, since the snow sucks we drag race....thanks and cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Attack 20's are the lightest track you can get so consider rotating mass. I still think the 3" would be better though. 2 1/4 vs. 3" is alot more track. I remember when we went from the 151's to the 162's the difference was huge, so if you considder the track will more that much more snoe in the same lenght It s a lot. this is partially why SKIDO uses 16" wide tracks along with stability too. I have run a attack 20 track in reverse or Hillclimb position and loved it even coming down the steeps on hard pack (chalenging though), but i started with it as brand new in the hillclimb position. Always start it(breakin) that way!!!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
even the 2.25 PC is worlds better than the ATTCK20

the 20 was a poor quality track, that god for technology, this new 3" is wicked

Premium Features