• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Pro RMK- Where do you carry your shovel?

RMKelly

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
Any ideas on where to stash a shovel on my new 2012 Pro RMK without buying the bag or packing it in my backpack? Thanks!

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
If you're riding in avy country, pack it in your backpack. I've got 2 shovels, one I carry on my AviVest and one I carry in the bag on my tunnel.

If you're in the flats, then you can always strap it to the seat posts with a bungy or something. Tunnel bags are incredibly useful I've found, though.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Not to be insulting but YOUR shovel on YOU. To easy to be seperated from your sled, and alot of newer packs are made for that..stowage of shovel probes etc.
And if you ride with a chest protector/vest if can help distribute the back packs weight evenly..alot more comfortable long days.

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Thanks to everyone for the good advice. I'll make my sure my backpack always includes my shovel & probes!

x 100000000000000000000 on always carry your shovel on your back. In my avy bag I carry shovel, probe, first aid kit, emergency rations, and a saw.

On my Pro RMK tunnel I use the Burandt tunnel bag.. this think is wicked! I can carry everything I need from extra food, gloves, goggles, Camera Water etc... It's nice, plus it turns into a backpack. In the external pouch I use a snowbungie snow claw shovel. This thing is good for a farting around need to unstuck myself shovel, but it can also serve as a splint for broken bones. It's nice to have as a secondary shovel so I always have my Avalanche equipment in one place ready to use if I need it. I know often things like shovel handles or scoops are misplaced after digging out epic stucks. I always want to know where my emergency stuff is.

I agree with everyone else and carry it in your backpack. I know I don't like the ones that the shovel is hanging out so I found a sweet deal on a Black Diamond Ava Lung pack that came with the ergonomic sliding handle shovel and probe. My pack doesn't get hooked on any branckes and I don't break any straps on my pack.

Premium Features