• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MBMS M1100 TURBO HCR SUPER CHUTE BUILD

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The Eagle has Landed

We had a good thrash session today and finished up the 800s. We have the goods for the HCR and will begin final Super Chute installation tomorrow. On schedule I like it!!!
:bounce:

2012-11-18_18-18-00_262.jpg

2012-11-18_18-18-06_241.jpg

2012-11-18_18-17-54_239.jpg

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
man finish this project already!!!!! I WANT A NEW DESKTOP WALLPAPER

Made good progress tonight. Got Super Chute installed now just have to do the V-Flow FAI and Rollover Valve and a few other bolt on things. Oh and put the sled back together.....it has to come a ways apart to do this install. Should be on the snow Monday. A few pics to come shortly.

Thanks,
Woody

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Woody,

Did you see where the snow level was at today!:bounce:

Bill

Oh yes I did. Sled will be ready to ride by Sunday but we have a shop MX team ride that day so on Monday we shake it down. Very excited and as soon as we know its ready and we get a little more snow you will have to try it out.

Last edited:

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Ride Report

Ride Report:

We have been out with it 3 times now and have 150 miles on. We have a 2013 M1100 Turbo Sno Pro Limited stock for comparison. The Super Chute is very impressive. The throttle response is great and the on/off throttle performance is, as EVO said, “as close to supercharger as you are going to get with a turbo” It starts, idles, and runs, like a stock just way meaner. It is an absolute beast…hard to hang on to kind of pull. Compared to our stock sled, which runs excellent, it feels like it has another 100 horsepower….because it does. We got to give some rides on it today and one of the rider comments was "this is like cheating".

We are still working on clutching for our elevation and snow condition but it is getting better all the time. Today was 65 miles of very very deep snow and tested the sled hard. It is becoming very obvious we will have to get all the “heat defense” available. We do not have the Ti series blankets on this sled yet and they IMO will be a requirement. We also tried to keep this sled stock looking by venting it without disturbing the factory graphics. We will be upgrading the venting as this set up is not sufficient. The amount of heat produced by the power plant is making it impossible to get the clutching to work correctly in sustained full throttle deep (and I mean deep) snow. While the sled runs excellent, the clutching becomes very inconsistent as it heats up in long full throttle pulls. I believe it is going to be difficult if not impossible to get the clutches not to make significant heat, so the added heat from the motor has to go.

Today was also the first ride with the Slydog 8” Powderhounds and they IMO opinion have transformed the handling of the sled. The improvement in on trail and deep snow performance is nothing short of amazing. We also had one today with Powder Pros and for this sled the Slydogs are better. Anyone who is riding one of these on stock skis is missing out on very significant handling improvements.

Thanks again to Jim for always (and I mean always) being available when we need him. Thank you to B1dodge, Madmax, and Justboostit for their technical help on the build and testing. We have been working with Steve at MDS and Dale Cutler on the clutching and they have been great too. A big shout out to Troy at WPS for his assistance on the project as well.

Happy Holidays to everyone

Woody

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Woody thanks for the great update, I bet it is a monster!
Hope to hook up with you guys some Sunday in January!

I did not ride this weekend, UPS didn't deliver my ECU it appears it is buried somewhere in a sea of holiday presents on a big brown truck.

I did get the EVO fan installed, so hope to ride this week.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
this thread is worthless without video! :face-icon-small-hap

I took some with my phone today but I am not smart enough to figure out how to get them on here. Going to have to borrow or buy a helmet cam. Here are a couple pics from today.

IMAG0629_zps687533f9.jpg

IMAG0628_zps10e175f9.jpg

Premium Features