• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T actual digital scale weights

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Yea, lighter for sure, cheaper? not really...........

Long term reliability? Not even close

Still to be proven (in a mnt sled) and the motor is the only thing different, with the added power its likely to wear out the other parts faster too. The only advantage would be if the resale value was to hold and so far the yami's havent so its a wash other than the weight. My twisted 800 has gone 3 seasons and is the most reliable sled I've ever owned.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Still to be proven (in a mnt sled) and the motor is the only thing different, with the added power its likely to wear out the other parts faster too. The only advantage would be if the resale value was to hold and so far the yami's havent so its a wash other than the weight. My twisted 800 has gone 3 seasons and is the most reliable sled I've ever owned.

The bottom line is that a 4 stroke engine is commonly going to be more reliable than a 2 stroke.

I acutally am very surprised the weight difference is so big. I weighed a yamaha turbo vector engine last year compared to a rotax 700 twin and I ended up with only 60lbs difference, once you weighed all the components. I think it looked something like 180's on ethe 4 stroke with turbo, header, downpipe, clutch, carbs, intercooler, oil tank, wiring. And right at 120 for the 700 twin rotax engine with carbs, airbox, wiring, clutch, pipe, silencer.

I have a hunch that the silencer on the m1100turbo is going to be a very good way to cut alot of weight. I am guessing in that 20lbs range that people have said. I know this can be cut from the m800 as well, so no flaming me on that!

Can anyone post up real world weighed weight of the m800? Just interested to see a comparison.

I myself am not worried about the weight i am pumped to get my 4 stroke turbo.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I hear you guys on the 4 stroke, I'm just throwing around info that isn't even real yet. My thing is I know what I can do with a current sled and my riding style would benefit more from less weight. When it comes down to it I don't care what it takes as long as I can push myself harder and farther than before. With that said I will spend as much as I can afford and let her rip. So on one hand I want he power and torque of the m11 but think I can make up for it with a TM8 and be lighter, which will get me farther. I'll just have to wait tell next winter I guess so I can ride one.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm really curious, if you had for example, $18k (what I've got into my sled) to throw at the new sled (1100 or 800) total, and had a target HP # of say, 220, where you'd come in at for weight on each & how they would compare in reliability.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What is the retail price for each

Hidden in the Specification PDFs,
800 153 SnoPro: $12399
1100T 162 SnoPro: $13999

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Yamahahaha Turbo Weight

So.....what is an average or rough weight estimate for these Yamaha turbo's that are around? 550lbs? 600lbs?

And whats the average HP output, comparing them to a the new AC.

Rode my mates the other day, heavy as shi* and hard to move around, but boy does it go!! Love the sound of the turbo too. Quite noticable lag as well but I guess you get used to it.

Says he can get 230+ hp with the Impulse turbo kit. He also spent $25,000 CAD on it (ex demo), not $16,000.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I think the M11 is going to be twice as ride-able as a yami, from what I've heard the power comes in quick and strong. Still not going to flick like a m800 though.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
One would think that the weights are going to be nearly the same. The m1100 n/a weights 529 and that is about 20lbs lighter than a stock nytro mountain aprox. So with the turbo on the nytro that makes it maybe 20lbs heavier than the m1100t.

Like has been stated the cat is suppose to handle way better and that will make the difference.

You will be able to buy aftermarket parts for both to make them lighter and more hp. I think that the cat is money ahead though to start with unless you want to make over 250 hp. Then the nytro may be the way to go and at that point your most likely just climbing chutes so the handling of the sled is not nearly important for point and shoot climbing.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
One would think that the weights are going to be nearly the same. The m1100 n/a weights 529 and that is about 20lbs lighter than a stock nytro mountain aprox. So with the turbo on the nytro that makes it maybe 20lbs heavier than the m1100t.

Like has been stated the cat is suppose to handle way better and that will make the difference.

You will be able to buy aftermarket parts for both to make them lighter and more hp. I think that the cat is money ahead though to start with unless you want to make over 250 hp. Then the nytro may be the way to go and at that point your most likely just climbing chutes so the handling of the sled is not nearly important for point and shoot climbing.

If you wanted more than 250, why not go with the n/a m1100 and add to it,

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
boostedballz (MCX Canada) said MCX is coming out with kits for both the 1100turbo and n/a1100. He hasn't given any updates for a while though.......come on Landon, give us something!!!!!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Does the turbo have any beef-upped components over the normally aspirated version? Forged pistons, chrome rings etc....

Mike

THe turboed motor from cat has 9:1 compression and the n/a has 11:1. So this is a huge difference. Also I would imagine that the cam on the Turbo engine is different. One would think anyways. These things are already out there. Nothing new on the motor front. There has to be people who know about the 1100 n/a and the 1100t differences are. They have had both motors since 07. I have heard of turbo kits for the 1100 n/a in the past I would just think you would have to lower the compression some from that 11:1 to run any serious boost. Time will tell though. Should be a fun year.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
50/50 green antifreeze stuff weighs 67lbs/cubic foot. Typical sleds hold 5-6qts of coolant. A cubic foot is 1728 cubic inches, a gallon is 231 cubic inches, 1.5 gallons is 346.5 cubic inches which makes for 67 x 346.5/1728= 13.43lbs. I hope someone doesn't start saying how light it feels on the throttle, ala Yamaheavy advertising.

can you do that again in metric?:face-icon-small-win

1404cat

Jan 25, 2010
I am actually looking into just losing 30lbs off my arse this summer. It will be free. It is going to suck but it will be free. It seems like the boss seats have weighed around 6lbs. That would not be a bad way to lose a few lbs or so. The thing that scares me about the lightweight battery is possibly making a reliabilty issue with starting.
This is the ticket, I have droped 28 lbs and goin for 10 more, then all I have to do is keep it off.

T
Jan 1, 2008
There are a number if differences in the n/a 1100 vs the factory 1100t. They have different piston, rods, crankshaft, camshafts, head gaskets, and much more! Just look at the part numbers, that tells the whole story. Why would anyone want to start with the n/a version and then put a turbo on that? You would have a far superior engine/turbo setup by starting with the best possible engine and then going from there. I am waiting for mine to get here, but I have already checked out the part number differences. I have already purchased a new driven clutch so that I can turn it into a ball bearing driven with a hardened steel helix. can' wait for it to snow more!

Premium Features