• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMSHA PICS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Here are a couple of recent pics from Afton for those of you not currently following my progress in the sled build forums. Right now, my avg. finish is 16th with the avg. number of racers being 19 per class. I am still 4-8 secs off the pace when compared to the top pros, but my ET's have shown steady improvement with each race. Next up is Lost Trail MT, and then Jackson Hole where I will get 3 entries this year. I will continue to post up new pics throughout the season if you guys are interested in seeing them.:ear:

DSC_0102 LR (2).jpg dsc_0541 lr (2).jpg

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
What class are you running? Thanks for waving the flag :)
RS

I compete in all four mod classes, 600/700/800/open:loco:

Those are quality pics it would be nice if they were a little larger.

Yeah, the photo package I purchased limits the size of the digital prints,...I can get bigger ones if you want to help with some photo funding sponsorship...;)

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Sweet pics. How do u like the zbroz suspension?

The Zbroz suspension geometry really works in aggressive situations to keep the front end planted. I have trashed out the stock Nytro A-arms, as well as 2 sets of titanium aftermarket arms, before making the switch. These Zbroz arms seem as strong as a D-9 bulldozer blade, and have already survived numerous high speed encounters with all kinds of stumps and rocks without more than a scratch.

Here are the last 3 pics I have from Afton. Thanks again for all of the positive feedback!

dsc_0536[1] (2).jpg dsc_0539[1] (2).jpg dsc_1238[1] (2).jpg

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Since your running the mod classes, are you running a turbo?

ISR wouldn't approve the fourstroke turbo for the lower mod classes when I built the sled, they told me it was a gray area that would possibly limit me to open mod status, so I proceeded with a high compression natural aspiration motor package that dynoed at 183 hp. The up side is that this allowed me to focus my efforts almost entirely on the suspension and chassi, and I was able to learn how to race the sled with a horsepower handicap. At 506 lbs wet, I am still at a weight disadvantage when compared to the 2strokes, but the good news is ISR has backed off the restrictions regarding boosted fourstrokes for 2011, and I will be racing a custom turbo setup next year.:heh:

How is your subframe holding up with all the hit's your taking?

I didn't even attempt to use the stock sub,... I have custom titianium supports bolted into the Diamond S chromo sub, which has proven to be strong enough to survive the wacked out junk we race in. There are lots of pics, and descriptions of the mods done to this sled in the Plan B Mission impossible thread on the build forum.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Lost Trail MT.

Here are some shots of the jump fest that was Lost Trail. Lots of guys broke chain cases, cracked bulkheads, and bent tunnels after landing the big ones. I knocked the throttlebodies off the motor after a hard landing in 700 mod, and managed to unload myself while attempting to blitz a set of triples in 800 mod.:doh: Open mod turned out pretty good with a 12th place finish, and I finally scored my first top ten with a 9th place finish in 600 mod!

DSC_3336.jpg RLT_0941.jpg RLT_0942.jpg RLT_1345.jpg RLT_1797.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
lots of climbers use EZ ryde...have you done any comparison to other skids? what are you thoughts on it?

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
lots of climbers use EZ ryde...have you done any comparison to other skids? what are you thoughts on it?

For racing, the EZ Ryde needs heavy duty rails, extra cross bracing, upgraded shocks/springs, reinforced tunnel mounts, and a 4wheel rear axle in order to survive the punishment. Many racers also use custom limiter straps to reduce the transfer because the skid almost works too good. I personally do not limit the transfer on mine due to the extra nose weight on my sled compared to the others. Racers love these skids because they flat out work for taking high speed hits in the super rough stuff, and maintaining control. The EZ Ryde also seems to free up HP and track speed compared to some other designs. For mountain riding, superior floatation, and weight transfer would be the big upside when compared to stock. EZ Ryde units also tend to be very light, but that usually is a trade off for strength and durability unfortunately.

Premium Features