• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 120 mods

P
Feb 17, 2009
I need to get some more speed for my boy. Did the bypass and just not enough. Should I do the big boy mods that are on that rec place website or just buy that Robin engine? They are about the same price so what's better?
Thanks
Dolan

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I need to get some more speed for my boy. Did the bypass and just not enough. Should I do the big boy mods that are on that rec place website or just buy that Robin engine? They are about the same price so what's better?
Thanks
Dolan

Once you do the by-pass you'll want to install a smaller sprocket to increase the top speed.

REC MOTORS and Goodwin Performance, Zion Illinois sell them

B
Feb 15, 2011
I just bought the economy perfermance kit from mid west min with clutch,hub sprocket and 35 chain Does anyone know if u need to remove links from the 35 chain to fit on the new sprocket

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
I just bought the economy perfermance kit from mid west min with clutch,hub sprocket and 35 chain Does anyone know if u need to remove links from the 35 chain to fit on the new sprocket

When I get my chains they are a standard length. You need to shorten it to.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Thanks
Dolan

Just the clutching will do wonders! I have never ran a pipe cuz they are not legal in my sons races. But I have tossed the idea of milling the head on his old One. Would up compression and with a good clutch set up I bet they would rip. Ive been told its only $50 or so for the head work.

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
i did this mod to my 4 year olds 120 and it works great. the only problem i am having is at idle the sled is "hunting". i have tried adjusting the gov but cant seem to get it. is this normal when you install the ty wrap?:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-sho

I figured out a fix for this but it over rides a safety feature on the sleds so pm me you haven't figured it out.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ohhhh it's legal alright....legal in my yard all day long. :)

I have no idea what's legal at the track and what's not.
BTW, what IS legal at the track and what's not? LOL

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Updated photo to show where the blue wire attaches. It has been a while, but I think this is the "kill" wire from the handlebars. Simplest way I found to kill the engine with the remote setup.

Premium Features