• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris IQR 900 Mod Mountain Sled EZRyde

Y

youngdutchman

Dec 19, 2007
Montezuma, IA
Not sure where to start… I bought an IQ Race chassis and pretty much stripped it down to the bare bulkhead. Installed a new turnkey UBR900 into it. I wanted 200+hp power plant where I could pull the cord and go. No tuning. Thus my reason for choosing a turn key Union Bay power plant. I put a digitron dual display on as cheap insurance policy to watch temps and dial in jetting/clutching on the UBR. Put a monster U-cooler to keep the UBR900 plenty cool. Originally I designed my own tunnel and put rail extensions on to put a 2” 144 underneath it. But I was not happy with that setup in the really deep. Too much hp for that small of track and the suspension didn’t float like I wanted it to. So I designed and built a new longer and more clearance tunnel and bought a new EzRyde with hi temp hifax, scratchers and a new 2.125” ported 159” track. I also designed my own fish plate/snow eliminator that grips your boots like no other. My tunnel design has the floorboard tipped up so it makes your legs/knees hug the seat. Now this new tunnel/suspension with the UBR900 was the ticket that completed my mountain killer.

Then comes the “bling”… Power Addictin Billet A-arms, billet shortened spindles, billet wheels, billet handle and choke lever. BRtech smoke hood to tease those who can just barely see all the billet inside the hood and then the screen kit to breath/cool and more bling....

A few have asked if I’d take less but I’m stuck at $10,500. I have so much money ($22k+) and work into it, not counting how many sleepless nights I spent with concepts/designs, that if I have to, I'll just keep it to look at (piece of art that I'm quite proud of). I really don't need the money or need get rid of it other than my wife nagging me on it. Just hate to see it sit when others could be enjoying and kicking the crap out of the other sleds/buddies that a guy rides with in the steep/deep. Trust me in that I'm not an “extreme” rider, but I could go anywhere with this sled. Last year they called me "mater", short for "tow mater" from Disney movie Cars as I was the one who had to use the sno bunjie jerk rope (located in the Craigger bag) to pull everyone out that got stuck. I have a huge rear bumper that I could easily pull everyone out. The other guys knew they could ride over their head or in the deep and not be stuck for more than 30 seconds before I hi mark them and hook up to pull them out. Made me feel pretty good about my project... Only other reason looking to get rid of it is I've taken up a new hobby with my kids that is consuming my time and shop space (www.teamdejong.com). Please let me know if you have any questions or anything I failed to answer. Specs below.

IQ Race chassis with following upgrades:
-Union Bay Billet 900 - 200hp
-BRTech hood and screen kit
-Power Addiction Billet A-arms, spindle, motor plate & revalved shocks
-Custom lasercut & cnc formed tunnel- powdercoated black chrome
-Fabcraft U-cooler and edge grip extrusions
-Snow hole floorboard fish plates
-Digitron(water,rpm, exahust temp)
-Craigger built gas and accessory bag
-2.125" x 159" ported track
-EzRyde suspension, hyperfax & scratchers
-SLP twin pipes
-gripper skis
-k&n snow filters
-Billet pull handle, choke lever, wheels
-Left hand throttle
-Hand gaurds
-LED light
- +much, much more - no expenses spared

I can email more pics if needed. Sled is titled and located in Iowa!

Matt DeJong
641-891-1614
matt@teamdejong.com

Matt IQ.jpg Power addition front end - sweet.JPG rear cooler.jpg vented DeJong clutch cover.JPG Front shot wip - baby got billet.JPG side view.jpg

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
That is one of the nicest sleds I have ever seen on this site. If I wasn't renovating my house, if you lived closer, if my wife wouldn't know, I would buy that in a heart beat!!! Price sounds more than fair, good luck with the sale.

Y

youngdutchman

Dec 19, 2007
Montezuma, IA
still for sale

Sled still for sale. Doesn't look like will be able to make it out West this year to enjoy it.

Call with Q's. $9500

641-891-1614

Last edited:
Premium Features