• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Last ride for the aussie season

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Man, you put a new definition to the term "snowbird". I've heard of road trips to get to snow, but going to a different hemisphere is hardcore!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
several guys do that with Sprint cars too. Race all summer (US) around the mid-west then go down to aust. to race all winter. Pretty cool if you ask me. Eric

A

Aussie Niko

Cheers guys, Its a tuff job:)) I'm heading back over to Lake Tahoe in Nov for the winter but no yamaha, I'll be riding my 900 rmk which needs a little work.
Australian winters are very different than the US ones. We don't get much snow and a base of 5 feet is pretty much it for the whole season. We don't get much powder as the temps hover around zero most of the time and get warmer. Still lucky to ride most of the year.

niko.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
I've never seen much about snowmachining in Australia. Do you have any scenery pics/videos? The videos you posted must be late spring for you guys?

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
Funny, most yanks have no idea that there is snow in Australia. I wonder what those schools are teaching you guys when It comes to geography:face-icon-small-hap

Our schools dont realy teach the just take tax money and do social engineering.

A

Aussie Niko

Our season just finished here in the alps but we just got another 1foot today which was anoying as we were trying to get off the mountain with out chains.

Snow mobiling is not allowed in Australia as all the snow is in National parks protected areas this is why you don't hear about it. We live in the ski resort and need them to get around the village once the roads get covered.
For riding out in the park we are special as we are members of the search&rescue and can ride anywhere. Very lucky!!!!

fallsapex.jpg sled-08.jpg sleds-in-oz.jpg

Last edited:
A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Wow, that is too bad that they don't allow riding. How long is the season and how high are the mountains? Is there a lot of riding above tree line?

Premium Features