• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 tundra or 09 f150?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
WTF ! Your in the USA, That should answer your ? Its people that buy import or Over seas based companys that have f---ed this country up.

So you want to give your money to irresponsible, short-sighted, mismanaged companies who go broke and then take your tax money to stay afloat? Ya that makes much more sense....sign me up :face-icon-small-con

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Hahaha, these threads are a big waste of time. Drive each, drive a couple used ones, decide what you like better, buy one. Sniff around dedicated brand forums, see what their weaknesses are, factor that into your equasion. You'll never get anywhere asking on here. May as well ask what tire is the "best"...
Good luck on your shopping adventure.

P
Dec 21, 2008
truck

I have to agree with ya......
Just ask a question and you'll get all the answers you want and some more you don't want and then you'll be confused as hell...
I have a 2000 7.3 Ford Crew for the heavy towing and love it but you probably don't want nothin that big....we also have the tundra, drove the f-150 and did not like the power, nice cab though....Our Tundra tows better than the f-150 and the brakes on the Tundra are much better
good luck

Also, look at price, we just got our Tundra Dbl Cab 5.7 4x4 for 24k with tax, hard to beat it

P

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
I am not a Ford guy by any means but have had F-150's now for the last 10 years (company supplied, 4,000 km's month) and they have never let me down, not once. It tows great, the mileage is decent and seems to be a solid truck all around. I am test driving an 09 F-150 Supercrew 4 x 4 tomorrow and I am sure I will buy it!

P

pudley

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 7, 2008
F150 VS Tundra

I've owned Fords since 1975, and most recently a 2004 Ford Supercrew. I pull a 29 ft trailer and and my Ford would pull it OK until I came to a hill. There is where it would be fairly embarrasing. I did some research and ruled out a diesel, because I only pull it about 5 times a year, and other than that, I just drive it to work. A month ago, I bought a Tundra CrewMax, and have been extremely impressed with it. The power is like night and day compaired to the Ford,and the back seat has way more room in it. My son is 6'6", and he has about a foot of knee room in the back seat when he sits behind me. I hate to say it, but the quality of the Toyota is quite a bit better also. I have been a Ford man for over 30 years, but this Tundra has opened my eyes a little bit. The local Ford dealership here in Lewiston was another big factor in me looking at the Tundra. Their service department rates a big 0 on my scale.

W

Wayniac

Nov 26, 2007
sunny Seattle
I just spent the last month finding a replacement for my 2005 Titan. I researched specs, warranties, rebates, etc etc. Then test drove each of the 1/2 tons. (except the new Dodge, I can't stand Dodge, always hated them). I really was impressed with the 09 F150. They did a lot of improvements on that truck, drives much different than older models.

Then I decided to do something crazy for me, and go test drive the new 09 Dodge 1500. Would you believe that is what I'm driving now? I still can't believe I drive a damn Dodge but hats off to them, the interior is sweet and the ride is smooth. 390HP Hemi is fun also. (Plus the rebates and lifetime powertrain warranty are nuts.)

The point I'm trying to make here is to have an open mind, don't be brand biased. Every manufacturer hits a home run once in a while. Study the specs and test drive each one.

S
Best thing to do is talk to mechanics, not dealer mechanices but repair shop mechanics that work on everything. My buddy is a mechanic and usually when i stop by to BS with him there is a newer ford being worked on. With the fords 90% of the time i guess the heads are junk, the spark plugs only thread into the head with 2 or 3 threads and then the aluminum strips out. Ford had a bandaid fix that just made things worse. As far as chevys coming into his shop he said it is not very common to see one of those at his shop at all. Dont really know about the dodges and yotas though except the yotas had tailgate, crank and tranny issues. they might have been addressed by now. I would go with the yota or just keep the chevy you have now. Oh and one more thing......the toyotas are the new domestics and the chevys, dodges, and fords are the new imports. Dont believe me? Just look it up on the ol' interweb lol

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
They need to make more info available on exactly HOW they came up with their rankings....they explain the factors involved, but still don't tell how much (%) the F-150 is domestically made....the numbers sold is what drives it out in front, which makes me wonder just exactly WHAT % is of domestic parts.....

Premium Features