• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M8 Major Pig

T
My father-in-law bought a brand new hold over last year.

1) Belt issues. Averages about 150 miles on a belt. Secdondary seem to need more side pressure. What is everyone going to helix/spring combo?

2) Ran good till he took it in and the did a update on the puter. Now it's so rich it won't even run. The airbox if full of raw gas. The sled loads up so bad on the trail that you have to clean it out before stabbing a hill. Most of the time when climibing in pow it just falls on it'f face....you can tell it's rich but the dealer said they can do nothing for it and it runs just fine?????

4000k to 7000k feet.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Call racinstation and they can give you some really good clutching ideas. They set up my buddies 07 and it runs really good. My buddies 07 has 800 miles on the stock belt.
Racinstation 208-354-2777 and ask for eric.

D
Nov 26, 2007
north idaho
m8

Are there black marks on either clutch face? 150 miles on a belt is not OK!! Tell the dealer to align the clutches. How,s the belt deflection? Check the fuel pressure. Tell the dealer to get his act together and make it right! That is not a typical m8.(07's ran rich but the reflash should have helped, not hurt) good luck and keep us posted

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
mods??? what rpms are you running??? i'm putting almost 2,000 miles on a belt and they are all off trail, so you most defiantly have something wrong. never did the reflash on mine, figured it worked the way it is. primary weights should probably be between 72-75gs, if your running the stock 68's that the sled came with that could be your problem. i think they all came stock with the 6-9,000ft helix and the yellow primary spring. i'm running 72's and that puts me right about 7,600... 07 M8 162

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I bought a 07 M8 last year when I decided to retire the Pig. I flat out love it. No belt issues. I think when I got it still had the original belt on it at 1400 miles. I had it re-flashed, installed a shift assist and put in 75 gram weights. All of the rest of the clutching was stock. The only complaint I had was it engaged a little to low and the shiftout was lazy.

This year I changed the primary spring to a Cutler gold/white and got a BDX 42/36p helix.

Make sure the chaincase is not puking oil.

Dropping the front suspension arm makes a huge difference in the powder.

PS Give a call someday if you want to go for a ride in the blues.

Rob

P

Pilsner

Dec 1, 2007
Is the wrench flashing on the dash? Something else must be wrong, check the air box sensor and connections.

T
Is the wrench flashing on the dash? Something else must be wrong, check the air box sensor and connections.

THe thing everyone is missing is the sled ran fine until the dealer reflashed the computer. Wrench is not flashing. Finally after much complaining the sled is back at the dealer we will see what they do. They claim that once they flash it they can do nothing with it.

Premium Features