• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pr-2 settings for Yamaha yz 450

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Got a pr2 from racin station for the 18 yz and was wondering what settings everyone is using? Ran one on my 17 501 and never had a hiccup, but this bike seems to not like the stock settings on the (best) Snowbike map 4. Once running it runs strong, but getting it started cold can be a pain. I have lowered the idle per Jeff, to set the tps, but have to run 7 on the low to get it to start. It also has a gurgle??, miss at midrange so I have richended the mid but hasn’t cured it. I am running a c3 intake and a dr d Slip-On but everything else is stock. Makes good power just want to see what others are running. Thanks...

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I can tell you this the one we got was craaaaaazzzzyyyyy lean on start up and the low end per the Dyno and reprogrammed it. We are talking like 21's on the afr...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
To clarify mine was on the first season and came from the guy in the east coast pr2.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Mine is from Jeff and this is the first year for this Ecu that doesn’t need the master shut off. What year Ecu are you talking about. Mine is a 18

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Yz450fx 17 .. intake and exhaust...new bike at the time...so it would stay on... It ran good don't get me wrong.. but really lean off the low end on the Dyno here at 5k...reprogrammed gained 5 HP with the reprogram... That was my experience. We are lucky to have a Dyno at a shop in town...

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
By reprogramming do you mean set different low mid high ranges or whole new map?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Proven Moto here in Heber was able to reprogram and get a lot more hp out of the bike using our non ethanol 91.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Does anyone know if the attachment is the same on the 14 through 17 YZ’s as the newer ones? If so I will just hang onto my PR2 and have it reprogrammed since my next bike will most likely be another yz.

M
Jan 5, 2018
Got a pr2 from racin station for the 18 yz and was wondering what settings everyone is using? Ran one on my 17 501 and never had a hiccup, but this bike seems to not like the stock settings on the (best) Snowbike map 4. Once running it runs strong, but getting it started cold can be a pain. I have lowered the idle per Jeff, to set the tps, but have to run 7 on the low to get it to start. It also has a gurgle??, miss at midrange so I have richended the mid but hasn’t cured it. I am running a c3 intake and a dr d Slip-On but everything else is stock. Makes good power just want to see what others are running. Thanks...

You say map 4 is the best. Is that tuned with race fuel? I've only ran 7 and 8 and it starts and runs good but seems like it's lacking a little power.

M
Jan 5, 2018
Thanks. Mine is on a Honda but I assumed they would be the same. 1,2,3 are listed as trail maps 4,5,6 are listed as snowX maps 7,8 are powder maps and 9,10 are base ignition maps.

Now that we have a better base im going to try #2. I don't have a switch so im looking for a good "set it and leave it" map.

Premium Features