• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha.. amazing but can't start it when I get home

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
My alpha did it once. After full wot with boost and shut down by tether. Wouldnt start for an hr on hill I opened gas cap relieved pressure and it fired up..... suction? I dunno if it's possible but that's my story.:juggle:

I have also noticed that my alpha gets lots of vacum in gas tank. Seems like a check valve not function properly. If your sled keeps the atm pressure for the riding area inside the gas tank, and you trailer the sled to lower elevation, the pressure inside the tank will be lower then the atm pressure. Meaning more vacume in tank. If the gas inside the tank gets cooled down by the hauling, it will decrease the pressure even more inside the tank.
Next time, try to release you gas cap when you get home, and listen if there is air going into the tank when opening cap. Then try to start it.

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
My alpha did it once. After full wot with boost and shut down by tether. Wouldnt start for an hr on hill I opened gas cap relieved pressure and it fired up..... suction? I dunno if it's possible but that's my story.:juggle:

My 16 zuke would do the same thing If I was full boost wot and got bucked off and the tether killed it. It would be an absolute bear to start. But after what seemed like 1000 pulls it would fire up and run like nothing ever happened.

Premium Features