• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new jug from polaris

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
If one was to buy the monojug from polaris does it need to be honed, or does it come ready to use from the box??

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Go With Indy Specialties or carry some snow shoes so you can walk home!

I'd contact Indy Specialties and go with their upgraded honing...He can supply you with a cylinder at a good price too.

https://www.indyspecialty.com/.

Exactly, and most, if not all the issues that get blamed on the stock pistons; are actually the result of the inconsistencies in the factory cylinder supplier's and the aftermarket plating company's honing process'.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
a new cylinder comes all prepped honed and ready to install .

Thank you, an answer to my question LOL

I am fully aware of indy dan for the record, but was not my question LOL. but i do appreciate the info and opinions guys. Ended up sending it in yesterday to millenium technologies to have it replated as that will save me a lot over a new one.

thanks again

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
I went with them to do my cylinders last year with RKTEC pistons and motor lasted 400 miles due to cylinder honing being too aggressive and chewed the ring out of it... I do beleave they can do good work but you had better tell them how you want them finished... wish I had...cost me spring riding and another 4000 for a good quality built motor from Dan...my two cents

Premium Features