• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zbroz Racing K.I.S.S. Coupler for Stock Suspension

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Hello everyone we have a new product for helping keep the big boosted sleds under control without buying an aftermarket skid. Simple bolt on kit that is adjustable from stock (No coupling) or gradually increasing depending on the block position. This kit is for the Pro climb chassis and rail set ups. $169.00 :yo::yo:

DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0004.JPG

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You gonna have something soft for the rear arm to KISS, or are you running metal to metal?

Lemme know, looks good.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Good Question

We haven't seen a need for that to this point but I was actually thinking about a plastic coat dip or something? It contacts on the round cross bar so the contact surface is pretty small but I'm sure it will rub paint off that tube over time. I'm looking into some options there but the first few we have built are just as shown.
Most of the factory types use plastic and mountain tamer and K mod are metal to metal so IDK??

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Looks good and your price it good IMO.

Here is a set that I built, I used UHMW for the blocks, I have two full seasons on mine and it works great. (I know the bolt isn't all the way through the nylock, it was just test fitting)

On mine the UHMW is drilled a bit tight on the shaft so I can just reach in and turn them without using a wrench. Again two years and all is good.

Thunder

Skid Coupler (1).jpg Skid Coupler (2).jpg Skid Coupler (3).jpg

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Thanks

Here is a set that I built, I used UHMW for the blocks, I have two full seasons on mine and it works great. (I know the bolt isn't all the way through the nylock, it was just test fitting)

On mine the UHMW is drilled a bit tight on the shaft so I can just reach in and turn them without using a wrench. Again two years and all is good.

Thunder

Yeah I have seen similar and built some one off versions over the years for personal sleds. The major factor is us finally building a more production one was just that, (price). This might sound funny to some but thats why I started calling it the Kiss coupler for (Keep it simple stupid.) The only other major factor was the SR Viper that lots of our customers are building into long track turbos and want something to accommodate our rear track shock that already helps control ski lift but just not enough.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I agree, that is why I like your price. If you can get a kit to someone for $170, you got something. When they start pushing 300 bucks people will do something else.

I have a buddy here at work that has a water jet cutter, he will cut the side plates for $12 each. I gave him a pattern and had him cut me a few with the arctic cat logo in the side, turned out pretty nice. I just don't want to mess with it. My one off kit works for me, but your kit is priced right and looks good.

Thunder

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Suspension coupling...

Can someone explain what this will do exactly?
Basically, this allows the stock suspension to be coupled, limiting weight transfer - same idea as the OVS wheelie coupler, Kmod & Timbersled coupling blocks. You can limit weight transfer (also limiting how high the skis go skyward on a climb) - great for boosted applications or big lug tracks, keeping the skis down, and resulting in more control when climbing. Do not be confused, however - the addition of a suspension coupler will not make the ride of a stock skid any more plush - you'd have to add a good set of aftermarket shocks or better yet - a custom skid such as the Kmod, Timbersled, EZ-Ryde, or M-10.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Exactly on point

I agree, that is why I like your price. If you can get a kit to someone for $170, you got something. When they start pushing 300 bucks people will do something else.

I have a buddy here at work that has a water jet cutter, he will cut the side plates for $12 each. I gave him a pattern and had him cut me a few with the arctic cat logo in the side, turned out pretty nice. I just don't want to mess with it. My one off kit works for me, but your kit is priced right and looks good.

Thunder
Our goal was to offer a kit that was affordable and easy to install and adjust. With the addition of one of our Rear track shocks the stock skid rides awesome and gives you the ability to tune for the big climb or run as stock for the trail and ride quality.
Shipped to anyones door in the lower 48 for $174.00

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming

Thunder

Shoulda patented it thunder!!!

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
KISS coupler

Just got back from Jackson and raced a stock skid on my 600 Turbo with a Kiss coupler and Exit shocks. Cannot believe how well the skid worked. I have been free riding our shocks of course with the coupler this season but could not have been happier with how the skid preformed in a race situation. I run it on the lightest coupling setting and can honestly say it helps keep the wheelie to a controllable amount. It was a super technical qualifying course with more snow and holes than I can remember over 14 years of racing that event. A real testament to what can be done with a limited budget. Just about every other mod rider was racing on an aftermarket suspension.
Just thought I would post while it was fresh on my mind.

cheers

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
K.I.S.S.

We have lots of dealers up there that have purchased kits. Alpine Motorsports, ES motorcycles and some others. Randy Swenson from Yamaha has been running one since my first version on the snow.

B

bigstick

Dec 27, 2011
Liberty SK
i just ordered a k.i.s.s. from ya lol along with a drop bracket for the rear skid. will these help my skid stay up better and my skis on the ground?

Premium Features